Error 4806 on closed market (with no new ticks) - page 2

P_Cherry:

Hi,

but I think there is no need for market status identification. The indicator should work on closed market as same as other simple indicators do.

TO angevoyageur: Did you try any of listed indicators on closed market?

Peter

Sorry but I had no time.

It seems to me, similar problem is for all indicators, which use data from different time-frame.

This Renko uses M1 data, but it is not working on different time-frame from M1 on closed market (it waits for a new tick).

https://www.mql5.com/en/code/1299

Renko
Renko
  • votes: 16
  • Serhii Ivanenko
  • www.mql5.com
The renko (renko) chart in a separate subwindow. No matter on what chart timeframe the indicator is attached, the renko is drawn on close price of М1 timeframe.

I met the same problem when i was working on someone's job(multi-currency and multi-time-frame).

I think maybe it is because the data of the pair in that time-frame hasn't been established yet.

Check your data history. 

luenbo:

I think maybe it is because the data of the pair in that time-frame hasn't been established yet. Check your data history. 

And how did you solve it? Is data established after receiving quote only? How can I check the data?

I discovered that by"chart refresh" obtained by  pressing left key in the chart  the problem solve.

The problem is that using the function ChartRedraw() the effect is not the same by mouse click.

Clicking the update with the mouse do something more that resolve the problem told here.

Anyone has an idea how to emulate the mouse refresh?

gioooooo:

I discovered that by"chart refresh" obtained by  pressing left key in the chart  the problem solve.

The problem is that using the function ChartRedraw() the effect is not the same by mouse click.

Clicking the update with the mouse do something more that resolve the problem told here.

Anyone has an idea how to emulate the mouse refresh?

How is this related to this topic ?

Alain Verleyen:
How is this related to this topic ?

Is related because if you force by code a chart refresh when you are offline you can get rid of the error 4806 for iCustom.

I imagine in the main bar loop something like this:

ResetLastError(); 

if (CopyBuffer(handle,0,TIME1[0],1,SAR) <0) {  Print("Errore nel copy : ",TIME1[0]," err=",GetLastError());

ChartRedraw();
                                             } 

but if you force chart refresh with the mouse the error 4806 disappear, instead If you do the same by function ChartRedraw the effect is not the same and the error remain.

The mouse click do something more. If someone discover what really do, we can do it by code

gioooooo:

Is related because if you force by code a chart refresh when you are offline you can get rid of the error 4806 for iCustom.

I imagine in the main bar loop something like this:

ResetLastError(); 

if (CopyBuffer(handle,0,TIME1[0],1,SAR) <0) {  Print("Errore nel copy : ",TIME1[0]," err=",GetLastError());

ChartRedraw();
                                             } 

but if you force chart refresh with the mouse the error 4806 disappear, instead If you do the same by function ChartRedraw the effect is not the same and the error remain.

The mouse click do something more. If someone discover what really do, we can do it by code

The topic was about a problem when market is closed. You get something else, as the market is not close currently.

Alain Verleyen:
The topic was about a problem when market is closed. You get something else, as the market is not close currently.
In this moment I have the Platform not connected to the network. Isn't it the same as the market closed in term of prices update?

gioooooo:
In this moment I have the Platform not connected to the network. Isn't it the same as the market closed in term of prices update?
Nope! If connected when the market is closed you can get hist. quotes (for any kind of calc. of your indicators) and other stuff like MarketValues...
Reason: