Higher Time Frame Trend Indicator

Hi All,

Just wanted to know if anyone had created a higher time tred frame indicator. I've read a lot about forex (well for me) and it seems that you nearly always go with the trend as it is your friend and where possible look to a higher time frame to confirm the trend in your trade direction.

I have searched the forum and code base and there doesn't seem much out there. Just wondered if this was possible and if there were any ideas, I'd probably try to code it myself.

Kind Regards

Jesse

Most indicators in the code base have an input parameter for timeframe when used with iCustom. So you can use higher timeframe with about 98% of indicators made. What is it that your indicator's going to do which isn't done already?

So for example an indicator what would show the larger time frame trend in the current time frame window. For example:

Current Time Frame = 4 hours

Larger Time Frame = Daily

The Indicator would plot a green line above price if larger time frame trend is up and red line below if down (ranging market can have its own colour). There is an indicator someone created on this site, but I've checked the code and it does not work. Though it is a sound idea, and would help scrolling from one time frame window to another to confirm trend...

Regards

Jesse

jessejk:

Hi All,

Just wanted to know if anyone had created a higher time tred frame indicator. I've read a lot about forex (well for me) and it seems that you nearly always go with the trend as it is your friend and where possible look to a higher time frame to confirm the trend in your trade direction.

I have searched the forum and code base and there doesn't seem much out there. Just wondered if this was possible and if there were any ideas, I'd probably try to code it myself.

Kind Regards

Jesse

Trendline as in Drawn Trendline or Moving average line indicator ?

Both are considered trendlines, but I'm assuming your talking about a drawn line ?

Please advise

jessejk:

So for example an indicator what would show the larger time frame trend in the current time frame window. For example:

Current Time Frame = 4 hours

Larger Time Frame = Daily

The Indicator would plot a green line above price if larger time frame trend is up and red line below if down (ranging market can have its own colour). There is an indicator someone created on this site, but I've checked the code and it does not work. Though it is a sound idea, and would help scrolling from one time frame window to another to confirm trend...

Regards

Jesse

This sounds like a Custom Indicator Job. You'll wanna create the indicator yourself if you cannot find one which exactly what you want by default. Here's an example of code which might help.

Hi Ubzen,

sorry should have clarified I was trying to create a trend using MA's on a longer timeframe that would should up as a line on the current time frame. Just had a look at the link you posted, I can probably re-use some code from there... Thanks :-)

Regards

Jesse

Reason: