MQL5 Cloud: not earning points

When registering for the cloud testing, you get a bonus of 2.00.

I activated the cloud on a server and a couple of PCs. Only during ONE day I earned a very small amount of points.

Now my credit is down to 0.51 and I get the message "can't connect to MQL5 Cloud, not enough money".

In theory, there should be several people simply having running the agent without an account (offering service for free).
So why can I not even connect.

What is more weird, that nobody seems to consume the services I am offering..... 

Distributed Computing in the MQL5 Cloud Network
Distributed Computing in the MQL5 Cloud Network
  • cloud.mql5.com
Connect to the MQL5 Cloud Network (Cloud Computing) and earn extra income around the clock — there is much work for you computer!

claudio_arrau2:

What is more weird, that nobody seems to consume the services I am offering..... 

Maybe the demand is very low and the supply is very high . . .

RaptorUK:
Maybe the demand is very low and the supply is very high . . .
I get between 0,005 and 0,05 credits a day.

ugo58:
I get between 0,005 and 0,05 credits a day.
How much does your electricity cost ?

RaptorUK:
How much does your electricity cost ?

I have a computer which I used as server, and it's always running but obviously not with 100% of its capabilities. So I decide to install Cloud agents. It's difficult to say how much extra electricity it costs me. I could check the difference of CPU load when agents are running, but I don't know if it's possible to calculte electricity consumption from this ?

If someone is running a computer only to have Cloud agents, it's pretty obvious electricity cost is higher than what you can win from agents. In 6 months, I won 0.05 credit by day on average.

My server is running anyway, so the costs are more or less constant.

But definetly more than I could earn ;)

ugo58:

My server is running anyway, so the costs are more or less constant.

But definetly more than I could earn ;)

my goal is not to earn money at all, I just want to use the cloud for my own testing purpose.

Now I cant because I do not see a chance to earn money.

My feeling is that everyone gets the 2.00 credits, uses the cloud until this is empty and that's it!

This is a pity as the whole idea is actually great. I'd rather suggest - in order to avoid abuse - to offer everything for free but limit the number of passes e.g.

I saw cases here being discussed where people calculate millions of passes. This is nonsense, with clever evaluating the paramaters first with some rough estimates, you can

reduce the passes drastically. I always stay below 2000 passes and this works very good.... 

I made 0.0001in day one and 0.0002 day two. But that was a few weeks after its launch so maybe it has improved. If they made it compatible with mt4 i think things will be better as mt4 is the most used.

claudio_arrau2:

my goal is not to earn money at all, I just want to use the cloud for my own testing purpose.

Now I cant because I do not see a chance to earn money.

My feeling is that everyone gets the 2.00 credits, uses the cloud until this is empty and that's it!

Not everyone,  I've never used the cloud.

I have one computer that is used almost every day by the cloud and it earns a tiny amount each day. I keep it available because when I need the cloud for my own work I am appreciative of others who make their machines available.

The purpose of the cloud is to help others and be available for when individuals  require it, no one has said it would be a profit center.

Blaiserboy:

I have one computer that is used almost every day by the cloud and it earns a tiny amount each day. I keep it available because when I need the cloud for my own work I am appreciative of others who make their machines available.

The purpose of the cloud is to help others and be available for when individuals  require it, no one has said it would be a profit center.

MetaQuotes did . . . 

"We invite you all traders and interested enthusiasts to join the MQL5 Cloud Network. Install the Strategy Tester agent   and start making money right now.   Contributed to the solution of resource-demanding tasks!

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/4928 

Reason: