DDE gonne wrong!

Hi all another riddle,

At the moment I am using an MT4 Client Terminal and DDE server is enabled.

With EXCEL 2007 I can run

Using the command :

='MT4'|BID!EURUSD I get 1.38839

='MT4'|BID!AUDUSD I get 1.0095

='MT4'|BID!GBPUSD I get N/A

Please note:

That GBPUSD is updating in my MT Client Terminal.

Something is wrong with GBPUSD ? the response is N/A

Does anyone know how re-set MT Client DDE or what actions should I take to get the GBPUSD price.

Also I tried some other MT Clients from other competitors and still same problem

Thanks

D

We have tested and couldn't reproduce the issue on the build 392. Please check whether the issue takes place with the last build of the client terminal.

Rosh:
We have tested and couldn't reproduce the issue on the build 392. Please check whether the issue takes place with the last build of the client terminal.

Hi Rosh; I believe is a windows vista problem - it corrupts the DDE file for some MT products in my case GBPUSD

I managed to solved it yesterday after 1 month-

Solution

Restart PC until DDE works i.e. approx. 3 - 5 times

I know is not practical but this is the issue.

Since you are more technical there should be a way of emptying windows vista DDE without restarting.

spidermagos:

Hi Rosh; I believe is a windows vista problem - it corrupts the DDE file for some MT products in my case GBPUSD

I managed to solved it yesterday after 1 month-

Solution

Restart PC until DDE works i.e. approx. 3 - 5 times

I know is not practical but this is the issue.

Since you are more technical there should be a way of emptying windows vista DDE without restarting.

Problem is back again :(

everything except GBPUSD !

Hello!

Have you managed to solve this problem? I've encountered a simular one. Alpari as a data provider, Excel 2003 and Windows XP SP3. It is EURUSD that I couldn't get into Excel, but this depends on the computer software for sure. I have 2 different computers with the same MT4.b402 and different Excel.11.8169.8172 and 11.6560.6568 (SP3 and SP2 of Excel), Windows installation (EN and RU). One of the machine correctly provides everything except EURUSD, other except NZDUSD.

Do you have any idea how to solve it? I've tried google but no luck yet.

updated: I've also noted that with wrong quotes formulas of the excel cell gets changed (e.x. =MT4|bid!eurusd instead of how it is typed in MT4 EURUSD all in CAPITAL letters)

Thank you!

Reason: