Optimization Speed

Hi,

I am trying to run optimization on my laptop with 2.4 Ghz and 2 GB RAM

I have 8 parameters to test and running against 8 months history data

After 6 hours it progresses 43 / 10 496

Is this expected to be this slow? Above speed shows I have to wait for 65 days !!!!

If i run this in a high speed machine will reduce the processing time ?

Please help me.

do u use visual mode ?

jpbiznes:

Hi,

Is this expected to be this slow? Above speed shows I have to wait for 65 days !!!!

Please help me.

Awful that means when your optimizing is done you have two more months to test

How do you think we can help you with that.....

You haven't show us anything of the program

It depends the most the way your strategy is coded how fast the program can run

qjol:
do u use visual mode ?
It's an optimization so can't be visual mode.

jpbiznes:

Hi,

Please help me.

Yes it can be that slow . . . but what CPU are you using ? all you say is 2.4GHz . . . Pentuium 4, Celeron, AMD ? i3, i5, i7 ? there are many, many CPU versions. If you are running this on a Pentium 4 then yes running it on an i7 machine will make it very much quicker.

There may well be things you can do in the code . . . for example do you do things on every tick when you could do them just as effectively on every candle ? You can also run a coarse Optimization, instead of using a step of 1 use a step of 2 or 5 . . . then when you have a better idea of your optimum area run a second optimization which is more focussed.

RaptorUK:

Yes it can be that slow . . . but what CPU are you using ? all you say is 2.4GHz . . . Pentuium 4, Celeron, AMD ? i3, i5, i7 ? there are many, many CPU versions. If you are running this on a Pentium 4 then yes running it on an i7 machine will make it very much quicker.

There may well be things you can do in the code . . . for example do you do things on every tick when you could do them just as effectively on every candle ? You can also run a coarse Optimization, instead of using a step of 1 use a step of 2 or 5 . . . then when you have a better idea of your optimum area run a second optimization which is more focussed.

Thanks RaptorUK

I did below changes and it came down to 900 combi that runs in 15 mins

-doubled the STEP for parameters eg: TP - Start (20) Step (20) End (100) - previously Step was 10

-set Model = Open prices only - previously used the TICK

Note-am using 1-min timeframe

just can you tell me how much it affects my results between TICK and OPEN PRICES ONLY ?

jpbiznes:

just can you tell me how much it affects my results between TICK and OPEN PRICES ONLY ?

That really depends on how your EA works . . . if you only look at the open price of a bar to make decisions then you should see no difference, I think . . . I always use every tick.

Reduce the time your testing (use date=checked) optimize on one period - test on another.

WHRoeder:
Reduce the time your testing (use date=checked) optimize on one period - test on another.

Hi, sorry to ask, it is not clear for me. please can you explain more....
Reason: