Terminal message fetching

This other post about twitter posting from an EA gave me an idea on how to remotely monitor my EA's performance while I'm at work without clogging up my inbox. Instead of littering my EA with various calls to send email or post to web on every branch of my MM subroutine, though, I'd prefer to find a cleaner solution.

It would be nice if I could fetch output to the terminal window (Trade, account history, or experts tab). That way I could populate a string with this data on every tick and if different than the prior data, then transmit.

Any thoughts?

You can try my IRC signal generator : https://sites.google.com/site/prof7bit/irc_signal/experimental-new-version

Place the EA on an otherwise unused chart, configure it (server, port, channel, nick and allow DLL calls) and it will connect to the IRC server, join the channel and send all activities that happen in your trading account including an account summary every x hours (configurable) into that IRC channel.

You can also modify it to use a different medium than IRC to transmit the messages. Simply remove the IRC related stuff and hook your own transport into the message function.

Awesome! I skimmed through the code and it does seem to notify on order entry and exit as well. This is just what i needed! This is actually better than the twitter approach, since twitter is blocked by my firewall at work, so that'll defeat the purpose.

Thanks a lot 7bit, you've always got some neat code up your sleeve.

i'm getting error 10060 and 10057. i think this is related to my channel being password-protected and there being no place to put in the password as an extern. is it entered as username:password or something like that? please excuse my ignorance. I haven't used mIRC since high school.

you must extend the code to do the password thing. I'm not exactly sure how the protocol for sending the password in password protected channels works. You might have to experiment with a "real" client, a sniffer and with telnet a bit and/or study the RFC.

Does it work with normal channels? 10060 and 10057 are error numbers from the windows TCP/IP stack.

Haven't tried it with an unprotected channel. I guess that would be the obvious next thing to do

Reason: