Updating your TWITTER's status when OPEN/CLOSE/MODIFY trades

Hi all, now you can be notified of any event in your EA through TWITTER.

I have written a Windows EXE program which you can call (see below) inside your EA when events occur.

Let me know if you are interested and we can discuss more on the features and price. Cheers!

string twitterEXE = "my-twitter.exe";
string twitterMsg = "my first twitter message from my EA";
string exe_parameters = StringConcatenate ("[subject]", " ", twitterMsg, " ", "[/subject]");    
ShellExecuteA(0, "Open", twitterEXE, exe_parameters, "", 0);

now you can be notified of any event

isn't twitter designed to notify others and not yourself?

7bit:

isn't twitter designed to notify others and not yourself?

Hi 7bit, allow me to describe again.

With the program (EXE) embedded into your EA, you can update your twitter status with new events such OPEN/CLOSE/MODIFY trades that are detected inside your EA.

You can also use cURL to send command line twitter updates through your EA

http://www.downloadsquad.com/2008/03/07/post-to-twitter-using-the-command-line/

Actually, it appears you can use cURL to post to any web-based service; myspace, facebook, twitter, blogs, what have you.

gatornuke:

You can also use cURL to send command line twitter updates through your EA

AFAIK, this is no longer true, because Twitter no longer supports basic authentication. Applications have to support OAuth in order to do anything with Twitter.

It looks like we need Twirl, a Twitter-developed OAuth API. I tried pulling the string on this one, but it looks like the Twitter developer's site is blocked by my corporate firewall.

gatornuke:

It looks like we need Twirl, a Twitter-developed OAuth API. I tried pulling the string on this one, but it looks like the Twitter developer's site is blocked by my corporate firewall.

Yes, you are right about the OAuth.

My program supports OAuth and it reads your consumer key/secret from an external specified configuration file.

With this program, I can send updates to my twitter when specified events in my EA occur.

asagi:

Yes, you are right about the OAuth.

My program supports OAuth and it reads your consumer key/secret from an external specified configuration file.

With this program, I can send updates to my twitter when specified events in my EA occur.

are you sharing or selling this program?

Alternatively, you can also use SendMail() to TwitterMail and have that relay to Twitter. Very easy, although not neccesarily the most robust approach.

Reason: