Tester: exchange rate cannot be calculated

Hi,

I get this error "Tester: exchange rate cannot be calculated" when trying to backtest indexes such as _DJI on Alpari. This error doesn't occur on Forex, Futures or CFD just indexes.

I saw that this error was mentioned in the old forum (in Russian) and using Google translate I somehow understood that the solution should be to change the currency in the settings (Expert properties / Testing/ Initial deposit) from USD to something else. In the Russian forum it was mentioned to put RUR as I guess it was Alpari RU.

Now the demo accounts are with Alpari NZD, so I tried RUR, NZD and other currencies as well but still the same error.

Any idea?

The tester can not get rates except for the current symbol
Testing Features and Limits in MetaTrader 4 - MQL4 Articles

WHRoeder:
The tester can not get rates except for the current symbol
Testing Features and Limits in MetaTrader 4 - MQL4 Articles

Unfortunately it is not this. I test _DJI and it is the current symbol. I am not acting on other pairs / symbols.

And it works for all pairs in Forex, Futures...

So if it would be such an error I should get the error all the time not only for indexes.

Note as well that this error comes before the EA actually start runing the code behind "start()". it comes before the list of parameters in the Journal so it is an internal tester error.

There is something special to configure for indexes I think

jlpi:

Unfortunately it is not this. I test _DJI and it is the current symbol. I am not acting on other pairs / symbols.

And it works for all pairs in Forex, Futures...

So if it would be such an error I should get the error all the time not only for indexes.

Note as well that this error comes before the EA actually start runing the code behind "start()". it comes before the list of parameters in the Journal so it is an internal tester error.

There is something special to configure for indexes I think

any idea from Metaquotes people?

Did you ever figure this out, this is giving me problems also.

Thanks,

BB

Bauer_Boy:

Did you ever figure this out, this is giving me problems also.

Thanks,

BB

I could be wrong, but I thought that some brokers had the DJI in the choice of charts to display for reference but not trading. Trading would be done via a YM cfd. Perhaps this would explain why you cannot get the the information for testing....

Regards

I see what you're saying, but i'm getting the issue with the EUR/GBP pair...which should be allowed.

Just had same proble. Check the currency is correct in Expert properties. I had same error with account in GBP which was set to USD. My EA could not execute the command MarketInfo(Symbol(),MODE_TICKVALUE

Fibarchie:
Just had same proble. Check the currency is correct in Expert properties. I had same error with account in GBP which was set to USD. My EA could not execute the command MarketInfo(Symbol(),MODE_TICKVALUE
You are 2 years late answering the question.

Fibarchie:
Then contact your broker. THEIR settings are boken.

I deciphered the error tester at home. How do you work offline in 99% tick data, currency assigned to your account (based on the broker when setting up MT4 trial for tick data - Birt `s Patch) account had" founded "in the euro and the error appeared as seting EA have set currency Current Issues to another.
Reason: