Help formulate - page 5

multiplicator:
But give me a definition of the word momentum

It is a unidirectional price movement, much larger than the previous ones, over the same period of time. I'm not talking about volumes, it's not important yet.

Yes, tsk: make me don't know what I don't know how.

Максим:

The ToR is fully prepared except for what exactly is meant by the word impulse. Or can freelancing be ordered just to formulate it?

Well, you have ordered it.

Several programmers came forward.

you choose the one with the most work.

And then you tell him, "well, tell me what the pulse is,"

and he tells you something that doesn't work for you at all.

It's the trader's job to come up with his own TS.
The proger just translates it into machine code.

Maxim Romanov:

This is how I see the structure of the assignment:

- First you define a pulse. The pulse is.... In the ToR you write it.

- Then define the conditions: If there were N growing candlesticks in a row (N in the settings), then wait for the impulse candlestick. You can make a slightly different condition. For example: find the maximum number of candlesticks rising in succession, and analyze the last of them, or analyze the change of the angle of growth/decline. Or if there were rising candlesticks in a row, and they meet such conditions, then... All the conditions should be placed in the settings for the correction.

- Define the parameters of an impulse candle: The size is greater by K times relative to the average size of the previous candles (take K to the settings). You can add to the settings the choice of what to calculate the size of the previous candle, the average of N, or fill in some more variants

- Define the form of an impulse candle: the size of High in pips should be X times smaller than the size of the candle's body. LOW size in pips should be X1 times smaller than the size of the candle's body. Take X and X1 in the settings. You can choose more or less also in the settings and separately for LOW and High. Here we should consider that High for an ascending impulse is the same as Low for a descending one. That is, depending on the direction of the impulse, coefficients for them will be swapped.

- You define the size and position of High and Low of the previous candle relative to an impulse candle.

This is exactly the way I thought it would be, but for some reason I thought it could be done in a simpler way. But anyway, it all comes down to this way.

Maxim Romanov:

- You attach detailed pictures and explanations, more detailed than that, the programmer shouldn't think about anything except how to write the code. If he thinks about it, he won't do it the way you want.

-I recommend adding a search function based on history. It means, how many candlesticks ago to start searching for an impulse. If it is 0, we will search by the current situation. If it is 1, then we check the previous one, and so on, in order not to search through the entire history. Or, vice versa, it can be set to search the entire history for the last 1000 candles and mark all situations. This number can also be specified in the settings. The switch between these modes can be implemented. One of them is for analysis, and the second one is for the Expert Advisor. The Expert Advisor will not have to trawl through the entire history, and this will strongly affect the speed of action.

Thus, you will get a flexible tool with a large number of settings on which you can configure your model.

And this can be added. Thank you.

multiplicator:
Well, you ordered it.

Several programmers came forward.

you choose the one with the most work.

and then you tell him, "well, tell me what the pulse is"

and he tells you something that doesn't suit you at all.

It's the trader's job to come up with his own TS.
You may ask him what the impulse is and he tells you something that doesn't fit your needs.

That's why I want to understand it here, as part of the discussion.

Dmitry Fedoseev:
I don't know what to do, I don't know how to do it.

I have a clear understanding of what I need. I wrote in the ToR exactly what to understand by the word impulse, because different people give different meanings to the same word. But at some point I realized that this is a long and awkward explanation, and so I asked for help, which on the basis of screenshots and explanations to help to concisely formulate, in this that was the question.

Максим:

The ToR is fully prepared except for what exactly is meant by the word impulse. Or is it possible to order on freelance just to formulate it?

In general it is possible...

Nikolay Ivanov:

at all possible...

I'm afraid of getting something that won't fit at all. I will try to understand it here, if it doesn't work, then I'll try to formulate it myself again, and if it's not right again, then no chance, I'll go to freelancing.

Максим:

I'm afraid of getting something that won't fit at all. I will try to understand it here, if it doesn't work, then I'll try to formulate it myself again, and if it's not right again, no chance, I'll go to freelancing.

You have to determine how many pips this candle should be.

Then look at the previous 10 candlesticks, measure their average value. Then write down that the impulse candlestick should be n times that value.

And also the cloze of the candle should be close to the candle's high. you write down that the cloze should be in the top 10 percent of the candle's high (if high = high-low).

multiplicator:
You need to determine how many pips this candle should be.

Then look at the 10 previous candlesticks, measure their average value. Then write down that the impulse candlestick should be n times that value.

And also the cloze of the candle should be close to the candle's high. write down that the cloze should be in the top 10 percent of the candle's high (if high = high-low).

I wrote a little differently, but the essence is approximately the same, I also indicated the size of the body relative to the previous ones and the size of the shadows relative to the body.

There's not much to think about.

Pulse = (Abs(CLOSE-OPEN))/Volume

Reason: