Have anyone managed to make a continiously profitable ea?

With all people in this forum, and especially those who has been around for a while.

Is here anyone or do you know of anyone (for certain, not just what they are saying) that has managed to create an EA profitable enough for them to put on a live account and make some serious dough?

A continious profitable EA using a stoploss that is.

I am starting to doubt this fact and it would be a good booster to hear that it CAN be done.

Or maybe it can´t be done at all or at least not without more exact data including level2 data and real volumes and other advanced tools deliberately hidden from us retailers!?

I mean there must be supercomputers out there scanning the markets realtime for any possible exploits since the day they made trading digital.

Looking forward to an answer!

/ McKeen

Dude, I have live account...

I ain't working in a rat race.

Forex daytrading is my business.

If I can succeed, so can you!

Of course, I am assuming you get proper experience and proper education.

ckingher:

Dude, I have live account...

I ain't working in a rat race.

Forex daytrading is my business.

If I can succeed, so can you!

Of course, I am assuming you get proper experience and proper education.

I know you're not out here to prove anything to us, but we've all seen similar scenarios where someone is marketing a dumbass web page. If there were no links under your profile, i'd be inclined to believe you.

Hmmm... Anyone else?

LBranjord, what is your problem?

Believe me or not, I was talking to McKeen only...

My link is there but I took the site down because I am tired of envious and jealous losers.

You know who you are...

How much blessings do you get for being envious and jealous?

McKeen:
Hmmm... Anyone else?

Bump..

McKeen,

Yes it is posible to make a profitable EA. It is also hard to prove to someone that your EA is profitable without giving or selling it to them. OF course, if the EA is really profitable, then they stop visiting sites like these, because they are spending thier time wading in some warm sea somewhere.

I think I have one that is profitable, but then Im not retired yet. There always seems to be some bug to work out, some market condition to overcome, more money management to work into it. I see the potential, i have backtested the crap out of it, and forward tested for about a year. But with all of the testing, my latest revision was last thursday, so I guess im still in the forward testing phase.

It is possible. I know it. But it isn't easy, thats for sure.

surveyman:

McKeen,

Yes it is posible to make a profitable EA. It is also hard to prove to someone that your EA is profitable without giving or selling it to them. OF course, if the EA is really profitable, then they stop visiting sites like these, because they are spending thier time wading in some warm sea somewhere.

I think I have one that is profitable, but then Im not retired yet. There always seems to be some bug to work out, some market condition to overcome, more money management to work into it. I see the potential, i have backtested the crap out of it, and forward tested for about a year. But with all of the testing, my latest revision was last thursday, so I guess im still in the forward testing phase.

It is possible. I know it. But it isn't easy, thats for sure.

Hi surveyman, thanks for your comment.

Definately not easy :/...

I just worry about the possibilty that it could be impossible due to inconsistency.

If for example a certain MA-cross has worked as a trigger for a period of time, there already should be highly advanced scanning software out there detecting this (and 1000 times more advanced algorithms than MA-crosses) resulting in the "exploit" being invalid.

Maybe the whole thing about the market and why it seems just about impossible is just about that, it changes form and then again, and again etc making ALL possible combinations of indicators and algorithms invalid in a longer perspective.

An everchanging condition as a result of everchanging traders methods.

And maybe the same applies to manual traders, perhaps it appears to them that they are profitable, but over a longer time of market reformation it would show they really don´t have an edge at all.

So perhaps a fundamental approach would be the best all-round analysis?

Sorry for my pessimistic attitude, just thinking out loud, not claiming this is how it is...

Anyone else who can provide some hope to the topic in question?

/ McKeen

yeah, I have an constantly profitable EA ... sort of ...

define profitable. on daily chart with low risk my EA seems to be profitable... but you won't get rich with that...

zzuegg:
define profitable. on daily chart with low risk my EA seems to be profitable... but you won't get rich with that...

Thats kinda where I am too :/ At least 4-6 years back, but that doesn´t help me much considering the large timeframe and the consequenses of such ..

/ McKeen

Reason: