Discussion of article "A DLL-free solution to communicate between MetaTrader 5 terminals using Named Pipes"

New article A DLL-free solution to communicate between MetaTrader 5 terminals using Named Pipes is published:

The article describes how to implement Interprocess Communication between MetaTrader 5 client terminals using named pipes. For the use of the named pipes, the CNamedPipes class is developed. For the test of its use and to measure the connection throughput, the tick indicator, the server and client scripts are presented. The use of named pipes is sufficient for real-time quotes.

Author: investeo

Very good article and useful solution. Thanks!

Can we use this also in the BackTest as MT5 is clearly not dedicated to FX Scalping.

Execution levels are so weird sometimes, that drives all the strategies wrong. 

Even a simple VBA code under XL provides better results if we have the right data. 

statarb:

Execution levels are so weird sometimes, that drives all the strategies wrong. 

Even a simple VBA code under XL provides better results if we have the right data. 

You tell us a fairytale. Have you read these articles?

Under section: 5, you did briefly touch upon the implementation related to displaying ticks. I presume, you are referring to the following Indicators implementation:
 - SimpleTickIndicator (similar to the implementation on MQLmagazine)

- PipeTickIndicator

Well, the example indicator portrayed on the MQLmagazine is very clear, I presume you have not made any modification to it for displaying ticks?
Is it possible you could also attached above two implementations in this article for completeness or at least attach 'PipeTickIndicator' implementation?

How can I used  Function  "InternetOpenA"  from   wininet.dll without  imported  dll

kourosh1347:

How can I used  Function  "InternetOpenA"  from   wininet.dll without  imported  dll

1. You can NOT. The "InternetOpenA" functions is inside wininet.dll. To call that function you have to call the dll, which means you have to import it.

2. Read these article Using WinInet.dll for Data Exchange between Terminals via the Internet  and using WinInet in MQL5. Part2: POST request and Files.

3. And please do NOT double posting in the forum asking the same question.

4. And please do NOT asking different question from the topic. This topic is about Named Pipes not WinInet. If you use MQL5 search, you would find 2 articles I mention above and ask any question there. 

Hi ,

It can be implemented in metatrade 4 ?

Thanks 

DLL-free?   I accept his words as true .    But  still need import kernel32.dll library.

DxdCn:

DLL-free?   I accept his words as true .    But  still need import kernel32.dll library.

I think it is a bad translation of the original Russian (to confirm).

Anyway, a good article. Thank you for sharing.

habibzadeh:

Hi ,

It can be implemented in metatrade 4 ?

Thanks 

See http://forum.mql4.com/33307
A DLL-free solution to communicate between MetaTrader 4 terminals using Named Pipes - MQL4 forum
  • www.mql5.com
A DLL-free solution to communicate between MetaTrader 4 terminals using Named Pipes - MQL4 forum
Reason: