Operating numerous accounts with only one MT4 client ?

As many do, I have multiple demo accounts on the go at once. Lately I've been having problems with them crashing, so have been removing & reinstalling them etc.

I have a 'Multi-Account' MT4 client which gives one a single, centralized view of the current state of all of the multiple accounts; but is not well implemented for actual trading. Rather than going back to multiple discrete MT4 clients for each account, I am now using the Multi-Account client and one discrete MT4 client with all of the accounts on both of them. Thus I just switch accounts on the single MT4 client to administer all of the accounts, rather than having a dozen or so of them.

So I'm wondering if EAs will operate correctly without them all always active in separate active clients and in constant connection with the server for each account?.

When I cycle through different accounts in one MT4 client, the charts in the trading profiles are not changing with them. The profile of active charts stays the same as the one that was active when I first Logged On. The trades that are shown in the MutiAccount terminal seems to bear this out. It seems that all of the accounts continue to trade, but all on the same profile. I'll have to do more investigation and observations to confirm this, but it makes sense. Obviously, this doesn't really achieve anything, or at least not what I am trying to achieve.

Unless I can find a way to rotate and change to each unique chart profile that is associated to a specific account, then this is certainly won't achieve my goal of running numerous (demo) accounts from only one client.

I'm thinking that they SHOULD be a way to make an EA that is controlling and changes to a different account number once the one it is currently in is not active and is just idling. I don't know if there is a programmable function to evoke chart profiles.

Will the Brokers server continue to process my EAs on different accounts when I am not logged onto that account ?

The query about Trailing Stop Losses is relevant regardless of the Multi-Account client:

Is a Trailing Stop Loss monitored, computed and carried out only on the client or the in server under both of the following conditions:

1) Before their is enough profit to activate the TSL?

2) What about once there is enough profit on a trade to 'activate' the TSL?

Both EA's and the built-in TSL are client-side programs, hence by definition they will not work properly if the client (the Terminal) is not connected to the server (the account). Pending orders, SL and TP are held server-side, so there is no need for the client to be connected for them to 'work'.

gordon:
Both EA's and the built-in TSL are client-side programs, hence by definition they will not work properly if the client (the Terminal) is not connected to the server (the account). Pending orders, SL and TP are held server-side, so there is no need for the client to be connected for them to 'work'.

I understand thanks Gordon,

The significant downside of this method that I'm needing to figure a way or a work around for is to change the charts profile so that the correct one opens up when I switch accounts. As it stands, I'm just cycling through numerous different accounts with exactly the same charts & EAs etc.open and active which entirely defeats the purpose of doing it.

Reason: