Using Metatrader 5 offline

Hi,

Does somebody know hot to use the Meatatrader 5 in order to develop and test my indicators offline, without any web connection? I would use only the historical data. 

I have seen the "offline chart" expression but I don't know what it is.

gszabo:

Hi,

Does somebody know hot to use the Meatatrader 5 in order to develop and test my indicators offline, without any web connection? I would use only the historical data. 

I have seen the "offline chart" expression but I don't know what it is.

Offline charts don't exist with MT5.

MT5 will work when not connected to a Broker,  try setting a fictional Proxy server address and restarting MT5. 

RaptorUK:

Offline charts don't exist with MT5.

MT5 will work when not connected to a Broker,  try setting a fictional Proxy server address and restarting MT5. 

Anyway I don't see the point to do that.

angevoyageur:
Anyway I don't see the point to do that.
It's a simple way to test what happens when connectivity is lost to the Broker.

RaptorUK:
For an indicator it happens nothing.

To work with MT5 offline, you first need to set it up online.

I.E. select the periods and instruments you will test offline, run at least one pass in strategy tester (to load the data), and after that, you can disconnect and work offline.

graziani:

To work with MT5 offline, you first need to set it up online.

I.E. select the periods and instruments you will test offline, run at least one pass in strategy tester (to load the data), and after that, you can disconnect and work offline.

This is my problem. I want to work on a place where there is no internet. And there I could not start because in the centre of Metatrader window there is only a text: Waiting for update. And I can not do anything.

gszabo:
This is my problem. I want to work on a place where there is no internet. And there I could not start because in the centre of Metatrader window there is only a text: Waiting for update. And I can not do anything.
I have just finished a chat with the Metaquots support and they said that without internet connection I can not work. I don't understand why it have to be so. There is no any reasonable motive for it.

angevoyageur:
For an indicator it happens nothing.
In the Strategy Tester ?

RaptorUK:
In the Strategy Tester ?

No on a demo account. There is no tick so nothing happens after the first call to OnCalculated().

RaptorUK:
I don't see what you can test when you lose connectivity with an indicator. There is simply nothing to test.

I don't see a problem :

• I cut my internet connection and close my platform.
  • I start MT5 platform again.
  • I opened a new chart on place an indicator on it, it show correctly.
  • I started Strategy Tester with an indicator, that works correctly.

The only thing to do is to have the needed data downloaded before losing the connection.

Reason: