Using different EAs on Different Accounts on the same MT4 Broker Platform

Good afternoon,

I am trying to set 2 different 2 EAs on 2 different accounts provided by the same Broker which are on the same MT4 Platform, however I cannot see any ways to assign an EA to a specific account.

My confusion is, when I open a new chart and assign an EA to it, is it assigned to both account? Or to 1 of the 2?

Pretty confused here!

Would appreciate any help!

Many thanks,

Andrea

You connect with your trading account, open the chart (of this trading account), and attach EA to this chart.

If you want for EA to work with the other trading accounts so you need the other Metatrader instance, or you need MQL5 VPS to pass this EA to the cloud.
Virtual hosting for MetaTrader 5
Virtual hosting for MetaTrader 5
  • www.mql5.com
Virtual hosting for MetaTrader 4/5 is the best VPS solution for Forex. It is cheap, it requires no configuration and it features minimum delays to the server. For only 15 USD per month, you obtain a virtual platform that works around the clock, saves your profit and pays off. Create a remote copy of the application directly from the...

AndreaC89: on 2 different accounts provided by … on the same MT4 Platform, however I cannot see any ways to assign an EA to a specific account.

Not only can you not assign an account to an EA, you can only connect to one account at a time. Stop trying

I have an exactly opposite question:

Can I run one EA on one MT5 account connected via VPS....and another EA on the same account running locally on a computer on an MT5 terminal?

The reason is that the EA running on MT5 is the one that is trading and I want maximum server capacity dedicated to it.

The other EA is MyFxBook EA which is not a priority EA and I am ok if it runs on a local computer even if runs with delays...makes no difference to the trading outcome.

Please advise if this is possible.

Thanks

Reason: