Is trading a zero sum game? - page 2

nemux:
Yes it just so :)
broker loses to scalpers

no hope to win in trading with and without robot

It's not a zero sum game on many brokers. The broker wants your trade executed, there will always be a price to buy at or sell at on many platforms. The broker manages the money in a lot of cases and they get their own funds from the liquidity provider. Certain types of trading tend to be zero-sum and others not

Yes, I used to think the same way.trading a zero sum game.

I used to search for a safe EA system so that my computer and money would truly work for me, much like the concept of mining.

But reality didn’t live up to my expectations. Most EAs only benefit one side, and that side isn’t mine. Some EAs open large lots but close with only small profits, which benefits the IB and broker. Other EAs use dangerous systems that lead to profits and my money being lost, requiring me to top up to save a margin that's still floating in the negative.

I got tired of that. Things changed when I stopped using EAs and started applying money management and placing SL on every order. While profits may come slowly, losses are also minimized, and our accounts won’t suffer huge losses. Consistency and steady progress are the keys.

Indeed, a scalp is preferable for obtaining profits.