Beta Testing of MetaTrader 5 Has Started! - page 24

tsaktuo:

MetaEditor has nice feature "Styler" (Tools->Styler) but when I run it then code turns in to unreadable mess!

Before:

After:

What kind of programming style is this? I hated it in mql4 and I hate it now.

I find it similar to the way I write :))) what I find unreadable is how you write it: no space between while an and the condition, or if and the condition, no wonder you find it hard to read.

TheEconomist:

I find it similar to the way I write :))) what I find unreadable is how you write it: no space between while an and the condition, or if and the condition, no wonder you find it hard to read.

I like the idea of the styler, but I also have slightly different preferences. Like tsaktuo, I prefer one clean indent each time instead of the { } being at half the indent and like TheEconomist, I like more spaces between things.

It would be great to be able to customise the style.

Cheers

Jellybean

dotzoo:
I dont think I can trade forex anymore even I like it, THANX TO THOSE BLIND LAW MAKERS, THEY JUST DONT UNDERSTAND. begining DEC we will no longer have 1:200 leverage instead there will be 1:2 leverage. SO IF YOU WANT TO LEARN ABOUT MT5 I SUGGEST YOU THINK TWICE.

Huh? Thats sheer madness. What about 1:100 leverage? Will that be gone too? I take it that kind of insanity is for the U.S ONLY? iF thats the case i will be getting an offshore broker.

n8937g:

DOTZOO....The aren't "blind"....they are DEAF, DUMB and BLIND..... Thank God these idiots ARE only in the US....Leverage on the majors will be limited 1:100 ....exotics 1:25

That answers my questions.

please add MOVING AVERAGE for both indicator and ea into the programe, that way we can learn how to write them quickerly. ( I will not trade for forex NO MONEY but I still want to learn mt5 so I can write for others ..... MAKE MONEY)

Jellybean:

I like the idea of the styler, but I also have slightly different preferences. Like tsaktuo, I prefer one clean indent each time instead of the { } being at half the indent and like TheEconomist, I like more spaces between things.

It would be great to be able to customise the style.

Cheers

Jellybean

Yes - I'd like a customised style or a change to clean indenting too. Most C++ programmers are used to the clean indent style that automatically occurs in the Microsoft Visual C++ editor and comes out of its code formatter. This is no accident, because the leading coding standard for C++ (Stroustrup) also uses this style throughout in its examples.

I feel the chart has lost some flexibility on Scale modification,

I cannot any more with "one click" on the y-axis; change the vertical scale.

MT5 beta: Lock toolbars checkbox has disappeared. It's useful as a space saver (gets rid of the handle) as well a accidental movement preventer. The toolbar resizing was also nice to tuck away some of the less used tools (but still keep them a click away if needed).

MT5 beta: It would be nice to have INDICATOR_ARROW_INDEX that would function the same as INDICATOR_COLOR_INDEX, except for arrows.

Also, it would be nice if the FONT for arrows was settable (sometimes you want to use symbols from a different font than wingdings). This especially goes for indicators.

And also, arrow CODE is missing in MT5 arrow properties dialog.

MT4/5: gann tools need TIMEFRAME to be specified with them. Gann lines are drawn as y points in x bars (1 point per 1 bar would be the 45 degree angle). The timeframe for bars needs to be specified otherwise the trendline redraws incorrectly if you switch timeframes (for example you want a gann trendline drawn that extends upwards 10 pips per day - so on D1 it is 10 pips per 1 bar, then you switch to H4 and the lines drawn become 10 pips per 4 hours, which is NOT what you want - you still want it to extend 10 pips per day, you just want to see it in the different timeframe. so for scaling to work correctly the aplicable timeframe must be settable in the properties). This applies to all gann tools.

In fact, while the above would suffice as the minimum requirement for correctly drawing gann lines, if you really want to do it correctly by design, both the X as well as Y multiplier as well as the scaling need to be settable. In other words, 1 point (*10 Y scaling) per 8 bars would produce the 1x8 gann line with 10x vertical (Y) scaling applied (if the pair is quoted to the 5th decimal you need 10x vertical scaling to get pips). In other words, 3 parameters: X bars, Y points, Y scaling. Y scaling is needed as a *separate* parameter because brokers quote currency pairs with different precision (4 or 5 decimals usually) so if you use multiple brokers with different quote precision you need to change every gann object when connecting to a broker with different quote precision. This is not a problem (EA can do it, or an indicator) as long as scaling is separate from the X and Y multiplication. X and Y multiplication need to be two separate parameters because a single multiplication ratio (as is currently done and incorrectly called 'scaling' in MT) is ok for ratios >1, such as 2x1, 3x1, 4x1 etc, but is not ok for ratios <1, such as 1x3 which would be 0.3333333 points per 1 bar - you get the idea.

Reason: