New EA - Your comments & critique please

Dear fellow MQL4 members:

I would appreciate your comments & critique on the results I've been able to achieve with my EA. Charts, Reports & Results are posted for 2009, as well as all the way back to 2000. The EA has a stop loss of 45 pips, but a trade can be exited before then. It does not use a Martingale system, but does automatically increase Lot sizes up to 4.

As you will see, it might not be as "exciting" as some other EAs posted here or various current commercial EAs, but I'm quite comfortable with how it trades. Any comments, positive or negative, would be appreciated.

Thanks

SimSam7

From 2009

Chart for 2009

Results 2009 - End

From 2000

Chart from 2000 - Start

Chart from 2000 - Middle

Chart from 2000 - 2009 End

What comments? Where is the code?

Throw it on a mico account and start trading real money that is the only way you will know if you have something.

simsam7 thanks for the comments in my post.

I looked at your chart, it really looks that we are in very similar situation.

Also the performance of your chart in some periods over the time looks similar to what i have.

What is your next step?

Im getting a new micro account and will start on $200 account with max DD 25%.. That should be enough to see if it works as it should.

Im glad to see other people to have similar results, it just makes me more positive about the whole EA.

Just wondering what is your EA based on? I mean in general? I didnt use any indicator, just a very simple math algorithm.. That seemed to work the best over the years..

Are you planning on running it live? Perhaps we could keep in touch and share the results..

kiwi06:
Throw it on a mico account and start trading real money that is the only way you will know if you have something.

Thanks kiwi06, I am about to do that.

jirimac:

simsam7 thanks for the comments in my post.

I looked at your chart, it really looks that we are in very similar situation.

Also the performance of your chart in some periods over the time looks similar to what i have.

What is your next step?

Im getting a new micro account and will start on $200 account with max DD 25%.. That should be enough to see if it works as it should.

Im glad to see other people to have similar results, it just makes me more positive about the whole EA.

Just wondering what is your EA based on? I mean in general? I didnt use any indicator, just a very simple math algorithm.. That seemed to work the best over the years..

Are you planning on running it live? Perhaps we could keep in touch and share the results..

My EA uses very simple standard indicators. I've always been of the opinion that it is not about when to trade, but when not to trade, so I also don't have a lot of trades (sometimes 2 - 3 days of no trading), but the ones that do trade seem to work nicely.

How big is the stoploss on your EA? Mine's pegged at 45, I really got weary of all these supposedly fantastic EAs, but then you discover they have stop loss limits in the hundreds!! To me, if a trade moves against you more than maybe 60 pips or so, you're just hoping for the best & not managing your trade & not in control.

I'm also going to get myself a small account & test it live.

It would be great for us to keep in contact & track progress.

It seems like the simplest things works the best. I use too very simple algorithm. But my scripts trades all the time. It basically swap between buy and sell..

My stops are currently at 40 pips which is very similar to yours i guess.

I should get my new micro account this week so can't wait to run it live.

How much are you intend to start with if you done mind me asking? And are you going for high-risk return and just very small conservative amounts?

Backward history test sometimes are very different from real live results. I got burned before. I suggested you posting demo real time results on www.mt4live.com so we can know it better. Thanks.

In addition to above comment, I can help test it with both demo and live accounts if you need to see how this EA performs with different brokers. Write me a private message here in forum. Thanks.

jirimac:
It seems like the simplest things works the best. I use too very simple algorithm. But my scripts trades all the time. It basically swap between buy and sell..

My stops are currently at 40 pips which is very similar to yours i guess.

I should get my new micro account this week so can't wait to run it live.

How much are you intend to start with if you done mind me asking? And are you going for high-risk return and just very small conservative amounts?

My stops are set to 45 pips, so almost same as yours. Also in the process of getting a micro account set up.

I'm more for the conservative approach. remembering the manta: 'past performance is no guarantee for future profits' :-) But I'm guessing the need for marketing buzz always pushes the limits...

Chi:
In addition to above comment, I can help test it with both demo and live accounts if you need to see how this EA performs with different brokers. Write me a private message here in forum. Thanks.

Perfect, thanks Chi! I was looking for that site, but couldn't remember it's name.

Reason: