As a subscriber, do you invest in Demo Account trading signals? - page 8

Forgive me for the fact that I am still very new on this site and forum.  But that doesn't mean my opinion is worth less ;-)

I have been looking for a reliable signal provider, and one of the most important conditions I am using as a deal breaker is the fact that the account the trader is showing results of, is a REAL trading account.

My reasoning is quite simple :

if someone uses a DEMO account to test and promote his signal, there is always the chance that he/she doesn't take things all that seriously.  Heck, it's like playing with Monopoly money, and you can buy as many streets and hotels as you want, cause in the end, you lose nothing but perhaps a bit of "honor".

whereas on the other hand, someone who is putting his own money on the line, he/she is more likely to take things seriously.  And since we are talking about money here, this IS quite an important factor.

I feel that the owners of the site have a RESPONSIBILITY to fulfill in this matter.  If they want to provide their readers with a market, they also need to control that market.  And in this respect, this market is no different from bank and other financial institutions, since in reality they all deal with the client's hard earned (well... for some, lol) cash.

So I think that the signal and EA market part of the site should be partitioned into two completely different sections, one for the REAL account traders/sellers and one for the DEMO account traders/sellers.  

Making this distinction a STRICT CONDITION to adhere to for providers would make things much easier and much more RELIABLE for those who are looking for a signal or EA provider.

Why wouldn't one subscribe to signals that have only functioned on DEMO accounts ?  It's all about the results in the end !

However, I feel that signals with a proven history on a REAL account give me much more confidence than those only tested on a demo account, since when trading your own hard earned money for real, makes you trade in the best possible conditions, whereas in a demo account, the signal provider may well have been a bit less stringent in dealing with losses.  But as I said : in the end, the results are the proof !

Documentation on MQL5: Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Account Properties
Documentation on MQL5: Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Account Properties
  • www.mql5.com
Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Account Properties - Documentation on MQL5

Last result as I write down this comment is 45 voters with:

• 20 people (44%) chose not using Demo Signals on Real Account
  • 16 people (36%) chose using Demo Signals on Real Account in some cases, and
  • 9 people (20%) chose using Demo Signals on Real Account without hesitation
I've read all comments here but can we rely on those number since there's no neutral conclusion about the very first question here?

• www.mql5.com
Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Account Properties - Documentation on MQL5

Rex_Loner:

Last result as I write down this comment is 45 voters with:

• 20 people (44%) chose not using Demo Signals on Real Account
  • 16 people (36%) chose using Demo Signals on Real Account in some cases, and
  • 9 people (20%) chose using Demo Signals on Real Account without hesitation
I've read all comments here but can we rely on those number since there's no neutral conclusion about the very first question here?

What are you expecting of such poll ? It's only indicative, you have to make your own opinion. 

You have probaly read my posts, and some months later, my opinion is unchanged : technically demo account isn't reliable, psychologically it's very different and still the question remains : why investing on a signal that the provider doesn't trust enough to invest on it ? 

angevoyageur:
Never. Why a subscriber would invest in a signal where the provider don't even trust it enough to run a live account, Even with a very small capital.

And what is when the Provider set up a Demo account for low risk trading?

The risky accounts go with Real Money and some low risk strategies in a Demo?

• www.mql5.com

angevoyageur:

What are you expecting of such poll ? It's only indicative, you have to make your own opinion. 

You have probaly read my posts, and some months later, my opinion is unchanged : technically demo account isn't reliable, psychologically it's very different and still the question remains : why investing on a signal that the provider doesn't trust enough to invest on it ? 

The question is remained unanswered because people (including me) expecting such question never came up. I do have the answer but I'm not gonna spill it here because it's gonna be my answer, for myself.

I'm gonna assume, what you're saying is just use Real Signals whenever you wanna depose money on your Real Account. I think it's the logic from your question, too. Right?

• www.mql5.com

Depends on how it trades, will have to look at the trade patterns.

Rex_Loner:

The question is remained unanswered because people (including me) expecting such question never came up. I do have the answer but I'm not gonna spill it here because it's gonna be my answer, for myself.

I'm gonna assume, what you're saying is just use Real Signals whenever you wanna depose money on your Real Account. I think it's the logic from your question, too. Right?

This is my advice, yes.

Basi:

And what is when the Provider set up a Demo account for low risk trading?

The risky accounts go with Real Money and some low risk strategies in a Demo?

Sorry but I don't understand what you mean. Can you give more details please ?

AmitJamuda:
Depends on how it trades, will have to look at the trade patterns.
what do you mean by that? I don't understand. Trade patterns form from where?
Reason: