As a subscriber, do you invest in Demo Account trading signals?

• 44% (20)
  • 36% (16)
  • 20% (9)
Total voters: 45

In my opinion, a good Demo Account trading signal is better than any backtesting, and you can find good strategies and bad ones both in Demo and Real accounts.

But, more relevant is learn from the voice of the community.
Documentation on MQL5: Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Account Properties
Documentation on MQL5: Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Account Properties
  • www.mql5.com
Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Account Properties - Documentation on MQL5

Very Good this poll!

I agree to invest in a demo account if I trust the signal provider, if you have a bond.

To Test strategies, I think very valid a signal in the demo account, but choose between a demo account and a live, obviously I'll keep a live.

A live account means that the provider trusts in his bat.

For example when I saw a signal provider invest 10,000 USD  in a real account of ActivTrade, I said to myself.

"This man i have the courage to leave my money in your care!"
  • www.mql5.com
Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Account Properties - Documentation on MQL5

Very nice poll. The risks are the same when it comes to demo or real account signals. I think a better approach would always be to subscribe to a demo account and see how the trades go. A month or two of evaluation and then it can be taken live to a real account.
  • www.mql5.com

Never. Why a subscriber would invest in a signal where the provider don't even trust it enough to run a live account, Even with a very small capital.

angevoyageur:
Never. Why a subscriber would invest in a signal where the provider don't even trust it enough to run a live account, Even with a very small capital.
Perhaps their strategy has a requirement for more capital than they have ?  or perhaps they think that bigger numbers look better ? most people talk in pips even though they can't spend them,   they don't realise that talking about profit or loss in pips is meaningless . . .  "I made 100 pips today ! !"    . . .    so these people may well be impressed by big numbers.

RaptorUK:
Perhaps their strategy has a requirement for more capital than they have ?  or perhaps they think that bigger numbers look better ? most people talk in pips even though they can't spend them,   they don't realise that talking about profit or loss in pips is meaningless . . .  "I made 100 pips today ! !"    . . .    so these people may well be impressed by big numbers.

I know that some people don't have capital, this does not prevent them from having good ideas and/or a good signal. But you can find easily some brokers who provides cent account, with that you can invest 100$, and you have an account look like 10.000, seems to me it's enough to start, and demonstrate the quality of a signal.

For big numbers, it's surely a reality. You can even talking in points, I have made 1000 points yesterday. I can't wait for 6 digits broker :-D

angevoyageur:

And in backtesting, do you believe?

If so, do you use some sort of real money to backtest? ;-)

xagusd:
Very nice poll. The risks are the same when it comes to demo or real account signals. I think a better approach would always be to subscribe to a demo account and see how the trades go. A month or two of evaluation and then it can be taken live to a real account.

Thanks about the pool.

I completely agree with you!

PauloBrasil:
Very Good this poll!

I agree to invest in a demo account if I trust the signal provider, if you have a bond.

To Test strategies, I think very valid a signal in the demo account, but choose between a demo account and a live, obviously I'll keep a live.

A live account means that the provider trusts in his bat.

For example when I saw a signal provider invest 10,000 USD  in a real account of ActivTrade, I said to myself.

"This man i have the courage to leave my money in your care!"

Thanks about the pool.

Right Paulo, but note that with this real account, emotions are very high, and in this case if the provider detect some risky markert it will close the account.

With Demo Accounts you have no emotions, I think this is really relevant to research and find new and old good strategies.

angevoyageur:

I know that some people don't have capital, this does not prevent them from having good ideas and/or a good signal. But you can find easily some brokers who provides cent account, with that you can invest 100$, and you have an account look like 10.000, seems to me it's enough to start, and demonstrate the quality of a signal.

For big numbers, it's surely a reality. You can even talking in points, I have made 1000 points yesterday. I can't wait for 6 digits broker :-D

Disagree, note that start with $100 and start with $10,000 are very different, as you know, since the minimal lot is 0.01. 

Just Demo accounts give you this possiblity: test several trading signals.

Reason: