Need feedback about my own EA/system...

I have developed a system which makes profits on EUR/USD and USD/CHF. I would like to show you backtesting results on over 4 years of period, and would like to receive feedback about it.

So, I have attached backtesting results... I have set Lot size as 0.1 at all times, so that it become easy to see how many pips system has made.

P.S. Seems I can't attach mutiple files at once, so will try to attach another file in second post...

Files:

Here I have attached USDCHF results...
Files:

patelsagar wrote >>
Here I have attached USDCHF results...

impressive! congratulations!

PS

Its a good start but I wouldnt trade real money with it yet

With the EA entering mid-bar, you can expect that live trading results would be less good than this test result

Good Luck

-BB-

Thank you for your feedback mates :)

BTW, I need GBPUSD data (spanning over 4 years or more), but the problem is that I coudn't find data in .hst format. Also, I coudn't import csv or other type of data to MT4 (nothing happens after importing csv data). Can anybody please give me a working link to dowload GBPUSD data in .hst format? I want to test similar EA on that pair too....

@ BarrowBoy:

I am confused a bit. Do you mean that if trades are opened in between a running bar then it's bad? If yes, then why?

patelsagar:

I have developed a system which makes profits on EUR/USD and USD/CHF. I would like to show you backtesting results on over 4 years of period, and would like to receive feedback about it.

So, I have attached backtesting results... I have set Lot size as 0.1 at all times, so that it become easy to see how many pips system has made.

P.S. Seems I can't attach mutiple files at once, so will try to attach another file in second post...

210 trades since 4,5 years >> ~50 trades/year. ~ 1 trade/week. 44% profit trades. Hmm ... It is not my taste.

ggekko:

210 trades since 4,5 years >> ~50 trades/year. ~ 1 trade/week. 44% profit trades. Hmm ... It is not my taste.

Yeah, only 1 trade/week/EA (if traded with both then 2 trades/week). But I should say that, 44% wins can be 70%, if I take lesser profits. What matters is Average win and average loss per trade along with % of wins ;)

Anyway, thanks for your input, it helps to see what people like and what not :)

patelsagar:

Yeah, only 1 trade/week/EA (if traded with both then 2 trades/week). But I should say that, 44% wins can be 70%, if I take lesser profits. What matters is Average win and average loss per trade along with % of wins ;)

Anyway, thanks for your input, it helps to see what people like and what not :)

An other thing that I dont like: the first 100 trade is flat, and just the second half is slope. This means to me it has not a permanent performance, its productivity depends on the market in a too large measure.

ggekko:

An other thing that I dont like: the first 100 trade is flat, and just the second half is slope. This means to me it has not a permanent performance, its productivity depends on the market in a too large measure.

Yes, I agree with that (it's the case only for EURUSD). I want to test both EAs on more data(like 10 years). Where I can get data for that?

patelsagar wrote >>

I am confused a bit. Do you mean that if trades are opened in between a running bar then it's bad? If yes, then why?

Not bad - most systems always or sometimes do that

But there will be more variance between backtest and live trading than on EA's that only enter on first tick of the new bar

Good Luck

-BB-

Good result, but not ideal. PF~1.5 - its not enough for real ideal result.
Reason: