Im learning fast but still need some help.

Hey all, 1st time poster. I have been hard at learning forex trading for a while now. Its very difficult learning trading alone but meta editing is getting the best of me. Anyways, to the point.

I have been tweaking and learning all i can in meta editing, trying to get an EA to perform task that i want. The only success I am having is with editing this EA http://www.autotradingfx.com/softwares/scalpnetv13 by Newdigital. I didnt have any success as it was, I made changes to the variables in the indicators to make it better. I am totally new and this EA sript is the only one i barely understand. With the tweaking making it better i am still having issues that i can see that needs fixed but i dont have the knowledge to do so.

Here's is some problems i am trying to address:

* Take profit, trailing stop, and stoploss are locked, I cant get them to change in the meta editor. The take profit i can live with but in my backtesting i am hitting the stop loss at 100 pips. I can see better performance from the charts in back testing if I can change the stop loss to my preference.

*I would like to be able to trade in lots of 0.01, but this doesnt allow this. I cant change it in meta editor either. Its locked at what it is. I would like to be able to use lots at 0.01, because after some more testing im gonna throw this in my chump change live account for live testing and slowly raise it if it does good.

*I also would like to know how to add different indicators to this in the format that the MACD, and SAR are in(They are easy for me to adjust as is).

*The EA only allows 1 trade at a time and often misses an opportune breakout because of this. I tried changing this to allow multiple trades in meta editing, but having no luck. I believe you can change some of the above with live trading but you cant change it for backtesting where the work and tuning is done. Although it is doing very well as is but im just testing for better opportunity. It trades back to back already with one trade at a time(looks like connect the dots puzzle).

I would like to make the above changes in meta editing and be able to choose lots size when loading EA to chart.

I am at work now and thats all i can think of for right now. If anyone can help I very much appreciate it if you take a look at that EA and guide, help, or point me in the right direction to correct the above problems. I am not using that EXACT script but it is almost identical, so any help on fixing the problems in what i mentioned above will in that EA will help me tremendously. Remember im very new to meta editing so "Barney Style" advise will help much better.

My progress so far: I have takin every thing from the "if" formula except the MACD. I worked on maximizing the trading on MACD. I have got the winning trade percentage up to 75% on trading from 1 MACD signal alone. I am not just gonna trade with this alone, im just itemizing each signal and pushing it to its fullest before combining them. It could profit better if i can fix the problems above. I tried some standard MA crossovers with my MACD set up and have bumped the winning trade percentage up to 81% across the board, and 100% in some long trades of 3 pairs. I not a fan of MA's but i am still tweaking on it.

So thanks if you can help. If you want to email me hers my address: boddiebagger1978@yahoo.com & james.boddie@fe.navy.mil

jboddie:

Hey all, 1st time poster. I have been hard at learning forex trading for a while now. Its very difficult learning trading alone but meta editing is getting the best of me. Anyways, to the point.

I have been tweaking and learning all i can in meta editing, trying to get an EA to perform task that i want. The only success I am having is with editing this EA http://www.autotradingfx.com/softwares/scalpnetv13 by Newdigital. I didnt have any success as it was, I made changes to the variables in the indicators to make it better. I am totally new and this EA sript is the only one i barely understand. With the tweaking making it better i am still having issues that i can see that needs fixed but i dont have the knowledge to do so.

Here's is some problems i am trying to address:

* Take profit, trailing stop, and stoploss are locked, I cant get them to change in the meta editor. The take profit i can live with but in my backtesting i am hitting the stop loss at 100 pips. I can see better performance from the charts in back testing if I can change the stop loss to my preference.

*I would like to be able to trade in lots of 0.01, but this doesnt allow this. I cant change it in meta editor either. Its locked at what it is. I would like to be able to use lots at 0.01, because after some more testing im gonna throw this in my chump change live account for live testing and slowly raise it if it does good.

*I also would like to know how to add different indicators to this in the format that the MACD, and SAR are in(They are easy for me to adjust as is).

*The EA only allows 1 trade at a time and often misses an opportune breakout because of this. I tried changing this to allow multiple trades in meta editing, but having no luck. I believe you can change some of the above with live trading but you cant change it for backtesting where the work and tuning is done. Although it is doing very well as is but im just testing for better opportunity. It trades back to back already with one trade at a time(looks like connect the dots puzzle).

I would like to make the above changes in meta editing and be able to choose lots size when loading EA to chart.

I am at work now and thats all i can think of for right now. If anyone can help I very much appreciate it if you take a look at that EA and guide, help, or point me in the right direction to correct the above problems. I am not using that EXACT script but it is almost identical, so any help on fixing the problems in what i mentioned above will in that EA will help me tremendously. Remember im very new to meta editing so "Barney Style" advise will help much better.

My progress so far: I have takin every thing from the "if" formula except the MACD. I worked on maximizing the trading on MACD. I have got the winning trade percentage up to 75% on trading from 1 MACD signal alone. I am not just gonna trade with this alone, im just itemizing each signal and pushing it to its fullest before combining them. It could profit better if i can fix the problems above. I tried some standard MA crossovers with my MACD set up and have bumped the winning trade percentage up to 81% across the board, and 100% in some long trades of 3 pairs. I not a fan of MA's but i am still tweaking on it.

So thanks if you can help. If you want to email me hers my address: boddiebagger1978@yahoo.com & james.boddie@fe.navy.mil

1. TakeProfit, Stopploss, Trailing Stop are not lock. Make sure TakeProfitMode, StoplossMode and TrailingStopMode are true.
  2. Look for this at the bottom of mq4 code
    //---- return lot size
       if(lot<0.1) lot=0.1;

Change to

//---- return lot size
       if(lot<0.01) lot=0.01;
  3. This EA read MACD and SAR too, you don't need to add more MACD and SAR again.
          double Buy3_1 = iSAR(NULL, 0, 0.005, 0.05, Current + 1);
          double Buy3_2 = iSAR(NULL, 0, 0.005, 0.05, Current + 0);
          double Buy4_1 = iMACD(NULL, 0, 12, 26, 9, PRICE_CLOSE, MODE_SIGNAL, Current + 1);
          double Buy4_2 = iMACD(NULL, 0, 12, 26, 9, PRICE_CLOSE, MODE_SIGNAL, Current + 0);

double Sell3_1 = iSAR(NULL, 0, 0.005, 0.05, Current + 1);
          double Sell3_2 = iSAR(NULL, 0, 0.005, 0.05, Current + 0);
          double Sell4_1 = iMACD(NULL, 0, 12, 26, 9, PRICE_CLOSE, MODE_SIGNAL, Current + 1);
          double Sell4_2 = iMACD(NULL, 0, 12, 26, 9, PRICE_CLOSE, MODE_SIGNAL, Current + 0);

If you like to optimize the MACD/SAR setting, you must change and add the code to like this:

1. find this
            double Buy3_1 = iSAR(NULL, 0, 0.005, 0.05, Current + 1);
            double Buy3_2 = iSAR(NULL, 0, 0.005, 0.05, Current + 0);
            double Buy4_1 = iMACD(NULL, 0, 12, 26, 9, PRICE_CLOSE, MODE_SIGNAL, Current + 1);
            double Buy4_2 = iMACD(NULL, 0, 12, 26, 9, PRICE_CLOSE, MODE_SIGNAL, Current + 0);

double Sell3_1 = iSAR(NULL, 0, 0.005, 0.05, Current + 1);
            double Sell3_2 = iSAR(NULL, 0, 0.005, 0.05, Current + 0);
            double Sell4_1 = iMACD(NULL, 0, 12, 26, 9, PRICE_CLOSE, MODE_SIGNAL, Current + 1);
            double Sell4_2 = iMACD(NULL, 0, 12, 26, 9, PRICE_CLOSE, MODE_SIGNAL, Current + 0);
    2. change to
            double Buy3_1 = iSAR(NULL, 0, step_b1, maximum_b1, Current + 1);
            double Buy3_2 = iSAR(NULL, 0, step_b2, maximum_b2, Current + 0);
            double Buy4_1 = iMACD(NULL, 0, fastemaperiod_b1, slowemaperiod_b1, signalperiod_b1, PRICE_CLOSE, MODE_SIGNAL, Current + 1);
            double Buy4_2 = iMACD(NULL, 0, fastemaperiod_b2, slowemaperiod_b2, signalperiod_b2, PRICE_CLOSE, MODE_SIGNAL, Current + 0);

double Sell3_1 = iSAR(NULL, 0, step_s1, maximum_s1, Current + 1);
            double Sell3_2 = iSAR(NULL, 0, step_s2, maximum_s2, Current + 0);
            double Sell4_1 = iMACD(NULL, 0, fastemaperiod_s1, slowemaperiod_s1, signalperiod_s1, PRICE_CLOSE, MODE_SIGNAL, Current + 1);
            double Sell4_2 = iMACD(NULL, 0, fastemaperiod_s2, slowemaperiod_s2, signalperiod_s2, PRICE_CLOSE, MODE_SIGNAL, Current + 0);
    3. Then find this to
      extern int MaxOrders = 1;

#define SIGNAL_NONE 0
      #define SIGNAL_BUY   1
    4. add this
      extern int MaxOrders = 1;

//-----------------ADD by autotradingfx.com------------------
      extern string MACD_BUY= "Setting MACD for Buy";
      extern int
                  fastemaperiod_b1=12,
                  slowemaperiod_b1=26,
                  signalperiod_b1=9,
                  fastemaperiod_b2=12,
                  slowemaperiod_b2=26,
                  signalperiod_b2=9;
      extern string MACD_SELL= "Setting MACD for Sell";
      extern int
                  fastemaperiod_s1=12,
                  slowemaperiod_s1=26,
                  signalperiod_s1=9,
                  fastemaperiod_s2=12,
                  slowemaperiod_s2=26,
                  signalperiod_s2=9;
      extern string SAR_BUY= "Setting SAR for Buy";
      extern double
                  step_b1=0.005,
                  maximum_b1=0.05,
                  step_b2=0.005,
                  maximum_b2=0.05;
      extern string SAR_SELL= "Setting SAR for Sell";
      extern double
                  step_s1=0.005,
                  maximum_s1=0.05,
                  step_s2=0.005,
                  maximum_s2=0.05;
      //-----------------END ADD autotradingfx.com------------------

#define SIGNAL_NONE 0
      #define SIGNAL_BUY   1
  4. This EA can open multi position, change the settings "MaxOrder" larger than 1. If you mean that "1 trade at the time and often missed" is requote, then change "Slippage" to 2*spread, by changing this you must know that you can get higher or lower price that it should be.

Admin

Autotradingfx.com

blucky wrote >>

1. TakeProfit, Stopploss, Trailing Stop are not lock. Make sure TakeProfitMode, StoplossMode and TrailingStopMode are true.
  2. Look for this at the bottom of mq4 code

Change to

3. This EA read MACD and SAR too, you don't need to add more MACD and SAR again.

If you like to optimize the MACD/SAR setting, you must change and add the code to like this:

1. find this
    2. change to
    3. Then find this to
    4. add this
  4. This EA can open multi position, change the settings "MaxOrder" larger than 1. If you mean that "1 trade at the time and often missed" is requote, then change "Slippage" to 2*spread, by changing this you must know that you can get higher or lower price that it should be.

Admin

Autotradingfx.com

Excellent man, I had thought some of you things you suggested was the answer i was looking for but wasnt sure. I didnt put 2 MACD's in there but i was using them wisely. I had one MACD stretched out for the startegy to check for a trend in a direction for a longer time frame, and then the other MACD set to get in a trade on a scalpers time frame but checking that it was in the same direction as the long term trend MACD. I have giving up on that and taking it one indicator at a time. Im exstatic at the MACD i have now, it is getting in 75% winning trades by trading on this MACD alone. Now i have to work on other indicators to confirm this trade, and push them to the max. Anyways thanks, i will share if i get something good.

jboddie wrote >>

Excellent man, I had thought some of you things you suggested was the answer i was looking for but wasnt sure. I didnt put 2 MACD's in there but i was using them wisely. I had one MACD stretched out for the startegy to check for a trend in a direction for a longer time frame, and then the other MACD set to get in a trade on a scalpers time frame but checking that it was in the same direction as the long term trend MACD. I have giving up on that and taking it one indicator at a time. Im exstatic at the MACD i have now, it is getting in 75% winning trades by trading on this MACD alone. Now i have to work on other indicators to confirm this trade, and push them to the max. Anyways thanks, i will share if i get something good.

Oh, and on the "trailing stop, stoploss, and take profit" issue, i mean i can change them in the editor, but when i go to backtest, it wont trade unless they are what the original settings was. Also after i have changed them and put the EA on a demo, the stop loss and take profit are at the original settings. I have only had it use my settings on one trade in demo. In backtest it wont function and trade if i dont have original settings.

Thanks for the help, I have resolved all the issues above here.

Now to my next mission. I want to trigger a trade after an MA has crossed another and has seperated to a specified degree. I have got the MA cross trigger working, but I want it to hold on the trigger till it seperates to a specified degree. This will illiminate SOME trades that take place at a reversal that turn sour. Can this be implemented?

hello dude,

i know there are many complications while working with various trade softwares.
i want to aware you of with unique feature of meta trader 4 using excel instead of typical scripting language.

n enjoy the easy editing with it

regards,

harry

hi jboddie

No need to worry as you can work in excel via Meta trader 4....... As Nothing can match the calculation ability of Excel and You can use VBA to complement any trading strategy created in Excel.

it will drive to the steps of suvccess in forex trading.

Good Luck!!!!!

lysander

Reason: