Some Ideas to Select Trading Signals - page 9

Sharpe Ratio

My Personal Score: my Friends, ALSO here i nedd Help, i don't know if I did the score  correct

to 0,0 = 0

>0,0 to 0,05 = 1

> 0,05 to 0,7 = 2

> 0,7 to 0,8 = 5

> 0,9 to 0,10 = 6

> 0,10 to 0,12 = 8

> 0,12 to 0,15 = 8

> 0,15 to 0.20 = 9

Any value greater than 0,20 = 10

See here for a very good explanation of sharpe ratio.

To give you some insight, a ratio of 1 or better is considered good, 2 and better is very good, and 3 and better is considered excellent.

So I let you adapt your table ;-)

Understanding The Sharpe Ratio
Understanding The Sharpe Ratio
  • Investopedia Staff
  • www.investopedia.com
Since the Sharpe ratio was derived in 1966 by William Sharpe, it has been one of the most referenced risk/return measures used in finance, and much of this popularity can be attributed to its simplicity. The ratio's credibility was boosted further when Professor Sharpe won a Nobel Memorial Prize in Economic Sciences in 1990 for his work on the...

Recovery Factor

My Personal Score:  ALSO here i nedd Help, i don't know if I did the score  correct

to 0,0 = 0

>0,0 to 0,05 = 1

> 0,05 to 0,25 = 2

> 0,25 to 0,50 = 3

> 0,50 to 0,75 = 5

> 0,75 to 1,00 = 6

I really don't know which value to put in the table, but 0.05 is very wrong result I think.

Recovery factor —  this value reflects the riskiness of the strategy - the amount of money risked by the Expert Advisor to make the profit it obtained. It is calculated as the ratio of a profit obtained to the maximal drawdown;

So, you have to go much higher than 1.0.

Account Live or Demo

Also think important to know if the processed signal is in the live account or Demo

My Personal Score:

LIVE  = 10

DEMO = 0

I don't even consider a Signal on a demo account. It's totally untrustable.

Documentation on MQL5: Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Account Properties
Documentation on MQL5: Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Account Properties
  • www.mql5.com
Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Account Properties - Documentation on MQL5

TalonTrader:
Yes, this is a major problem that I have mentioned to support.  This is a huge impediment for followers to be able to evaluate the true risk.  My suggestion was to graph the equity line with with the balance line using the low of each trade in real time.   In fact, only shows the equity line.    shows both which is ideal.

figurelli:

I full agree, floating drawdown is something that takes care too much, doing it trade by trade.
This is something that lacks in the Paulo's tables. Metaquotes should add the equity curve but not with a 'x scale' by trade, as the actual chart for balance. It's necessary to see equity by time scale.

angevoyageur:

I don't even consider a Signal on a demo account. It's totally untrustable.

This is for me a personal paradigm, in my opinion trading signals in demo accounts (like MT5/MQL5 does) are key to help discover new good strategies, so just a flag to indicate is enough to the subscriber decide.

figurelli:

This is for me a personal paradigm, in my opinion trading signals in demo accounts (like MT5/MQL5 does) are key to help discover new good strategies, so just a flag to indicate is enough to the subscriber decide.

Why a subscriber would choose a signal where the provider don't even trust it enough to run a live account ?

angevoyageur:
Why a subscriber would choose a signal where the provider don't even trust it enough to run a live account ?

Darwin knows the right answer ;-) 

Note that quantity (Demo + Real) can be so relevant as quality (Real), when research is necessary (as I don't know any holy grail yet).

But, to share my full vision, I must talk about myself (if not possible, fell free to just adjust or remove this and the lines below, if I´m breaking some rules).

In other words, quantity is also relevant to discover new strategies and good filters, and, as a trading singal provider, I like too much to test and offer several strategies and ideas. 

The best one I publish , as I don´t have enough money to test all and publish all in real accounts.

Anyway, we have plans to publish more real accounts in near future, with partners and customers that believe in this research. 

figurelli:

Darwin knows the right answer ;-) 

Note that quantity (Demo + Real) can be so relevant as quality (Real), when research is necessary (as I don't know any holy grail yet).

But, to share my full vision, I must talk about myself (if not possible, fell free to just adjust or remove this and the lines below, if I´m breaking some rules).

In other words, quantity is also relevant to discover new strategies and good filters, and, as a trading singal provider, I like too much to test and offer several strategies and ideas. 

The best one I publish , as I don´t have enough money to test all and publish all in real accounts.

Anyway, we have plans to publish more real accounts in near future, with partners and customers that believe in this research. 

Ok, I understand your point of view, but this is very specific. You aren't a standard signal subscriber :-D

angevoyageur:

Sorry but I don't understand. What is 0.006 - 0.010 for example ?   spreadsheet

I thank you for your  analysis on this spreadsheet.

As a moderator you could suggest something like that to MetaQuote to  put available in the website 'MQL5'  so we can to choose and analyze the signals. I know I should not be easy, but it sure is possible.

The customers  would choose the signs and values ​​of the score, the other statistics, the website  'MQL5' would give us automatically. 

About your question :

CORRECT SCORE IN RED
Here we have the day  %  of profit
0,05= 1/2 %  PER DAY: 5 point 
0,006  TO  0,010 = 0,6  to 1%  PER DAY : 6 point
0,011  TO 0,015 = 1 to 1,5 %  PER DAY: 7 point
0,016 TO 0,020 = 1 to 2,0% PER DAY :  8 point
0,021  TO 0,025 = 2 to 2,5% PER DAY :  9 point
0,026 TO .......> = 2,5  PER DAY.......> :  10 point

NOTE: if the provider add other deposit, then you are going put the average the all deposit in A- Initial Deposits

Let's go to the example that is spreadsheet  that I do : Beginner (pavlov)...

A- Initial  Depos  = 100

B - TIME DAY (number days that the signal is worrk) = 50

C- PROFIT (informed by MetaQuotes) = 530,96

The goal is to dertermine the day percentage of profit.

Fórmule:  (B/C)/A  = (50/530,96)/100 = 0,11 ...... the day percentage of profit of Beginner is 11%

angevoyageur:
Ok, I understand your point of view, but this is very specific. You aren't a standard signal subscriber :-D

;-) You are right, and thanks God about that! If so, I would not sleep anymore! (as I still have a lot of work as a provider)

Another point, I forgot mention, is that all subscribers can do the same, i.e., using personal Demo accounts to test Demo accounts trading signals.

In this sense, Paulo spreadsheet can be a great tool to create your own labs, as I do using my own Ecosystem.
Reason: