Beta Testers Wanted

I am in the process of revising an EA that shows some promise. However, it has come to my attention that there are problems with the MT4 program that have been relatively ignored in the coding process. Therefore, this revision is an attempt to address this situation.

The basic priniciple of the coding revisions is that although MT4 is based on the C++ format it is generally acknowledge that it will not perform to the same standards. It is also under development which makes it difficult to keep up with the operator revisions. In lieu of trying to make the EA programs function to the C++ standards this approach is to go the opposite direction to the simpliest coding constructs possible. It has also become apparent that most coding recommendations include numerous reduncancies to the underlying code. Thus, full functionality of the underlieing code must be established in order to determine how to construct the EA.

This EA has many features not seen in any of the EA's posted on this forum or available in most commercial EAs. The attached word doc lists the input variables with a brief description of their function. There is also a graph of an initial test on a full blown edition of this EA.

The primary features of the EA.

Money Management Optimization

A completely new approach to broker lot sizing

Indicator code built into the EA - no library call outs.

Use of the most basic program operators

Use of the most basic coding formats.

Creation of a new indicator structure not previously seen before.

Full indicator optimization

My offer is that I would like some people to test the EA in various timeframes and in various modes. In exchange you will recieve a complete edition of the EA with all recent upgrades.

Initially you will NOT recieve the EA edition shown in the attached docs. You will receive a very basic EA that is functional but designed primarily for Order Processing and Indicator construct testing. This is the EA you will be testing. Although it is functional it is not recommended for use in live trading. In order to receive the EA upgrades you must submit to me your historic tests and any results from forward testing. Your tests should be at the control point and tick by tick basis. If you are a a coder any suggestions in this department will be welcome.

If you are interested in this project please contact me at: quantumxcel@gmail.com

If the attachments don't show up please write me and I will send you all the relevant information. I will also give you instructions for optimization and testing.

This profit graph is for 2 months July to August 2008

If you provide the source code, I will participate.

phy wrote >>
If you provide the source code, I will participate.

I have been asked why the need for Beta Testing this EA. And this is a good question.

There are two primary reasons for beta testing. One is to test the consumer market in order to establish if the product is viable and if anyone is interested in the product. It may be that I will want to market this EA. The question is whether anyone is willing to take the time to understand it and be able to apply it. This EA is very much hands on. It it not a black box EA. You will need to be able to optimize it weekly and understand the strategy which is both position based and indicator based.

The second reason is to test the stability of the coding. This is an issue that I feel has been very much lacking with the MT4 program. I have personnally tested virtually every EA posted on this site in addition to certain EA's offered commercially. What I have found is that none of them will produce consistant results. Most of the time the programmers blame this on the brokers and the historical data. But, I would submit that the problem is with the coding.

The purpose of this EA is to try to establish a coding format that will address the issue of inconsistant resulst and that will meet the following standards.

90% modeling quality on all broker platforms.

No more than 10% variance between Open, Control Point and tick by tick optimizations

No more than 10% variance in results between broker platforms tested

A uniform MM code that will automatically adjust to any broker account structure.

It is apparent in all of the EA's I have tested that they are in violation of the basic rules of the MT4 program and drastic inconsistancies in the programming format. And yes there are program rules than can be found in the MT4 editor library. It is the violation of these rules that causes the performance problems. It is not the brokers problem and it is not a data problem. How do I know this? Because the EA you will be testing is approaching the goals listed above. The only way this could be possible is because it is starting to meet the coding rules of the MT4 program.

In addition the object of the coding is to be as simple as possible. To discover the basic operators of the program and how stable they are and exactly what they are capable of. The coding will NOT consist of Dlls, or libraries, exotic or redundant coding of any kind. But will focus on the creative use of the simplest basic operators.

If you should decide to participate you will need to contact me at the email address listed so I can put you in my mailing list. In addition to the EA you will be recieving guides to what the Input Variables do, a spread sheet for tracking results, previous testing information, instructions on optimizations and money management, information on the full blown version and the test version. For those of you who are intersted in coding you will also recieve information on the specific parts of the code that I would like to explore, define and refine.

And Yes you will be receiving the source code.

So the answer is no.
Ok.

QBTrader:

I am in the process of revising an EA that shows some promise. However, it has come to my attention that there are problems with the MT4 program that have been relatively ignored in the coding process. Therefore, this revision is an attempt to address this situation.

The basic priniciple of the coding revisions is that although MT4 is based on the C++ format it is generally acknowledge that it will not perform to the same standards. It is also under development which makes it difficult to keep up with the operator revisions. In lieu of trying to make the EA programs function to the C++ standards this approach is to go the opposite direction to the simpliest coding constructs possible. It has also become apparent that most coding recommendations include numerous reduncancies to the underlying code. Thus, full functionality of the underlieing code must be established in order to determine how to construct the EA.

This EA has many features not seen in any of the EA's posted on this forum or available in most commercial EAs. The attached word doc lists the input variables with a brief description of their function. There is also a graph of an initial test on a full blown edition of this EA.

The primary features of the EA.

Money Management Optimization

A completely new approach to broker lot sizing

Indicator code built into the EA - no library call outs.

Use of the most basic program operators

Use of the most basic coding formats.

Creation of a new indicator structure not previously seen before.

Full indicator optimization

My offer is that I would like some people to test the EA in various timeframes and in various modes. In exchange you will recieve a complete edition of the EA with all recent upgrades.

Initially you will NOT recieve the EA edition shown in the attached docs. You will receive a very basic EA that is functional but designed primarily for Order Processing and Indicator construct testing. This is the EA you will be testing. Although it is functional it is not recommended for use in live trading. In order to receive the EA upgrades you must submit to me your historic tests and any results from forward testing. Your tests should be at the control point and tick by tick basis. If you are a a coder any suggestions in this department will be welcome.

If you are interested in this project please contact me at: quantumxcel@gmail.com

If the attachments don't show up please write me and I will send you all the relevant information. I will also give you instructions for optimization and testing.

This profit graph is for 2 months July to August 2008

$4.079.836 for two months? your code is wrong!! believe me.

How quick we are to judge without even taking a lot:((

Perhaps you would like to look at the inputs. It is a fairly complicated strategy based on the simplist possible operators.

Program Inputs

(These are the program setup inputs that you must complete or optimize before activating the program for trading)

Time Frame H1

"Global Functions";

(Universal global parameters)

MagicNumber = 4583254;

(Allows the EA to trade simultaneously on multiple charts)

SignalMail = False;

(Sends you an email every time there is trading activity)

EachTickMode = False;

(Performs detailed assessment of order functions)

Slippage = 3;

(Order fill slippage allowance)

"Broker Lot size Digits Allowed";

(Number of digits allowed for lot sizing from .1 to .01

Digits = 1;

(1 = .1 and 2 = .01 and 3 = .001)

"Equity Protection Account StopLoss";

MinimumEquity = 5000.0;

(All orders are closed and no new orders allowed if your equity drops below this amount)

"Use Fixed Lot Sizing";

Lots = 1.0;

(Use this input to set a fixed lot size on all orders)

"Money Management";

Money_Management = True;

(Set to True to turn on Money Management functions)

"1-Lots to Balance, 2-Lots to Protected Balance, 3-Fixed Initial Lot Size";

LotSizing = 1;

(Select Money Management Type)

"Type 1 Lot Size to Balance and Margin Ratio";

(AGGRESSIVE)

RiskLots = 10.0;

(Percentage of Balance used for Lot Sizing – 10 = 10%)

"Type 2 Lot Size to Protected Balance Amount";

(AGGRESSIVE ADJUSTABLE)

BalanceProtect = 50;

(Percentage of Balance to be used for Lot Sizing)

LotsToBalance = 10;

(Percentage of Protected Balance used for Lot Sizing)

"Type 3 Fixed Initial Lot Size";

(CONSERVATIVE)

InitialLots = 0.1;

(Initial fixed Lot Size)

InitialBalance = 10000.0;

(Initial Balance used to increment lot sizes relative to new balances)

"Lot Size Increment on Losses";

LossLotIncrement = False;

LossIncrement = 2.0;

WinLossFactor = 2.0;

(Increment Lot Size on losses against W/L Factor)

"Set the Maximum Number of Trade Positions";

BuyMaxTrades = 3;

SellMaxTrades = 3;

(Set the number of positions per side of trade)

"Use a Multiplier with Multiple Positions";

(Lot sizes are multiplied by factors on each new position)

Multiplier1 = 2;

(First position multiplier)

Multiplier2 = 3;

(Second position multiplier)

Multiplier3 = 4;

(Third position multiplier)

"Close Positions with Indicators";

(Use Indicator relationships to close trade positions)

UseBuyClose = True;

UseSellClose = True;

(All order constructs are designed to vary with the duration of the trend line. With longer trends Take Profit is extended and in shorter trends it is reduced. The same applies for Stop Losses and Trailing Stop parameters.)

"Take Profit Constructs";

UseTakeProfit = False;

(Turn on Take Profit by setting to True)

WTakeProfit = 66;

(W is the with the trend setting)

ATakeProfit = 200;

( A – is the against the trend setting)

"Stop Loss Constructs";

UseStopLoss = True;

(Turn on Stop Loss by setting to True)

WStopLoss = 215;

(W is the with the trend setting)

AStopLoss = 66;

( A – is the against the trend setting)

"Set Trailing Stop";

UseTrailingStop = False;

(Turn on Trailing Stop by setting to True)

WTPClear = 60;

(With the Trend Clear pips from Order Open Price)

WTLClear = 60;

(With the Trend Clear pips from Previous Stop Loss point)

WTSbar1 = 38;

(Number of bars to S/L reset)

ATPClear = 28;

(Against Trend Clear Pips from Order Open Price)

ATLClear = 28;

(Against Trend Clear Pips from Previous Stop Loss point)

ATSbar1 = 16;

(Against Trend Number of bars to S/L reset)

"Entry Moving Average Variables";

MAE1Period = 51;

MAE2Period = 48;

MAEShift = 8;

"Exit Moving Average Variables";

MAX1Period = 77;

MAX2Period = 62;

MAEShift = 10;

"Trend Moving Average Variables"; (Replaces ADX)

(This indicator compares the direction of Bar Open[0] to and average of Close[1] and a pre determined bar CBar1 and Cbar2 at a distance back from Bar1. CBar1 is used for trade exits, and CBar2 for trade entries)

CEntryBar1 = 8;

(Entry direction indictor used in conjunction with MA)

CExitBar2 = 5;

(Exit direction indicator used with exit MA)

CTrendBar3 = 20;

(

Reason: