Range Bars for MT5

Hello folks,

I'm a newbie to the MQL5 community so still finding my way around.

I've had the last two years trading with IG using IT Finance charts but had too many technical issues with them so here I am now using Alpari and the MT5 platform.

I would really like to use Range Bars but there doesn't seem to be any downloads for MT5....what is the best way to achieve this?

Can i convert an MT4 program to MT5 or is this not advisable?.....or do i just go ahead and buy the Range Bar plug in on the market place? (99.95 Credits)

As you can appreciate I'm trying to take the least expensive option so as to save a few quid but i won't compromise my trading and cut corners if it's gonna cause problems later on.

Has anybody used the Range Bar plug in on MT5? Can you give me any feedback.

Many thanks... 

Dave. 

dave2905:

Hello folks,

I'm a newbie to the MQL5 community so still finding my way around.

I've had the last two years trading with IG using IT Finance charts but had too many technical issues with them so here I am now using Alpari and the MT5 platform.

I would really like to use Range Bars but there doesn't seem to be any downloads for MT5....what is the best way to achieve this?

Can i convert an MT4 program to MT5 or is this not advisable?.....or do i just go ahead and buy the Range Bar plug in on the market place? (99.95 Credits)

As you can appreciate I'm trying to take the least expensive option so as to save a few quid but i won't compromise my trading and cut corners if it's gonna cause problems later on.

Has anybody used the Range Bar plug in on MT5? Can you give me any feedback.

Many thanks... 

Dave. 

MT5 plugin ?, I think what you meant was MT5 custom indicator.

Well, the cheapest one but will take some time is, you can learn to convert from MQL4 to MQL5 by reading MQL5 reference and some article like this one Transferring indicator from mql4 to mql5 or Migrating from mql4 to MQL5 (click that).

But if you're don't have much time (really ?, are you in a hurry ?) and willing to spend money, you can ask someone in job section to create one for you.

Just make sure you reading a lot anything from MQL5.com and this forum before making any decision (learn, job section, or buy in market) and using MQL5 search may be helpful.

phi.nuts:

MT5 plugin ?, I think what you meant was MT5 custom indicator.

Well, the cheapest one but will take some time is, you can learn to convert from MQL4 to MQL5 by reading MQL5 reference and some article like this one Transferring indicator from mql4 to mql5 or Migrating from mql4 to MQL5 (click that).

But if you're don't have much time (really ?, are you in a hurry ?) and willing to spend money, you can ask someone in job section to create one for you.

Just make sure you reading a lot anything from MQL5.com and this forum before making any decision (learn, job section, or buy in market) and using MQL5 search may be helpful.

Hello phi.nuts....

Many thanks for your swift reply and sound advice. 

I will give it some thought over the next few days and make a decision, I'll also check out the links you've given me.

Would still like to know if there is anybody out there that has purchased the I-Range Bar indicator from the MQL5 market place and how they got on with it....knowing this would make my decision a little easier. 

Thanks for your time....all the best Dave. 

Hi dave2905,

I know that it may be different from what you are asking but you can look at this MT5 indicator from CodeBase: Range indicator.

newdigital:

Hi dave2905,

I know that it may be different from what you are asking but you can look at this MT5 indicator from CodeBase: Range indicator.

OMG - LOL. 

phi.nuts:
OMG - LOL. 

Hiya folks! 

Just a quick update...... had a good look around and considered several different options and have gone for the "I-Range Bar" indicator from the market place..(99.95)  It seemed the quickest and most cost effective way so that i can get on with the business of trading.

Gonna paper trade it this week and see how it goes......it now gives a completely different feel to trading dealing solely with price action and none of those lagging indicators to give you duff signals.

Lets hope this give an edge.....many thanks for your advice..... Cheers, Dave. 

Yes, I found some proposal to Metaquotes which was made in russian mql5 forum: "it may be good to include Range bars in Chart Representation " and in this case - we all will have it for free :)

And there is the article Synthetic Bars - A New Dimension to Displaying Graphical Information on Prices which is slightly related to it.

Synthetic Bars - A New Dimension to Displaying Graphical Information on Prices - MQL4 Articles
  • www.mql5.com
Synthetic Bars - A New Dimension to Displaying Graphical Information on Prices - MQL4 Articles: automated trading systems

dave2905:

Hiya folks! 

Just a quick update...... had a good look around and considered several different options and have gone for the "I-Range Bar" indicator from the market place..(99.95)  

Perhaps when you have used it for a little while and have a good understanding of it's benefits and any issues you could write a short review at it's Market page so other users will have the benefit of your experiences.  

dave2905:

Hiya folks! 

Just a quick update...... had a good look around and considered several different options and have gone for the "I-Range Bar" indicator from the market place..(99.95)  

Yes Dave, I prefer range bars.  Please post your findings.
Reason: