What are some of the best EAs out there?

Anyone using any proprietary EA's and how do they perform in terms of profitability and ease of use?

HGS

The feedback on existing commercial EA's to purchase is alarmingly poor.

The support on the 'autopilot' and 'autotrader robot' seems poor if the desperate threads on here are anything to go by :(
I haven't seen any independent feedback on 'rented' EA's.

So... I decided to do my own - the first ones should be out of final testing at the end of July.

They will naturally have to be profitable, easy to set up & the first three will be for any size account (micro, mini or 100k).

The first two months use will be free on any account type - buy it if you like it after that :)
FWIW

-BB-

Deposit of $5K,

Duration = 3days,

Balance > $7K

PL of $2K

What else do u want to see or have trading fx?

yemidotnet@yahoo.com.

Asiko

This is a demo account!

Much easier for EA's than a live server.

Put the live trades up (conceal the account number tho!)

-BB-

Asiko,

What's the chance of you letting some of us test drive it?

holygrailseeker:

Asiko,

What's the chance of you letting some of us test drive it?

well u could see a demo live results and current trades on interbankfx terminal.

Download interbankfx client terminal and enter the folowing parameters:

Login : 2013701
Password : 3kzkamj

u could email me @ yemidotnet@yahoo.com

Asiko

This may be 'live' as in real-time trading - but it is on a demo server.

I have many EA's that are profitable on a demo account (i.e. on a demo server) that do not work on a real money account (i.e a live trading server).

Real market data feeds are quite a lot more ragged than any demo server.

Yes, you are using a single-broker demo-server, which is a crucial stage between MT historical data and a live account but we cant tell if it will make that final step to real-money trading.

So no more pretty pictures & lets see real-money-account trading account data or release a time-limited trial version for evaluation

-BB-

www.forex-robots.com is running a real money testing on the 4 biggest sellers. ForexAutoPilot, ForexTracer, ForexRobotTrader (Steinitz HAS MTF Robot), and Bogie NeuralNetwork-1 Robot. The results are visable there, as well as reviews of each and interviews with some of the creators. In addition he offers a password to view each in live trading on IBFX. This is the second test, the first ran from June 1- Sept 1 and the Steinitz won that, and is currently in the lead of this test. The Steinitz is my favorite pick from the commercialy available robots, (I havent bought it yet), it can run up to 10 seperate charts at once, and can self decide between trending and ranging strategies.

BarrowBoy:

Asiko

This may be 'live' as in real-time trading - but it is on a demo server.

I have many EA's that are profitable on a demo account (i.e. on a demo server) that do not work on a real money account (i.e a live trading server).

Real market data feeds are quite a lot more ragged than any demo server.

Yes, you are using a single-broker demo-server, which is a crucial stage between MT historical data and a live account but we cant tell if it will make that final step to real-money trading.

So no more pretty pictures & lets see real-money-account trading account data or release a time-limited trial version for evaluation

-BB-

Can you please expand on this, the details of why there is a difference between demo server and real server. What exactly do you mean when you say that the real market feeds are lot more ragged than any demo server.

c0d3

> Can you please expand on this, the details of why there is a difference between demo server and real server.

> What exactly do you mean when you say that the real market feeds are lot more ragged than any demo server.

Simply hitch up an EA on a live account and the same EA on a demo account of that broker.

The EAs will have different numbers of trades and different success ratios.

EA's that enter mid-bar will show very significant differences, but even those that trade on 'last closed bar' will show variance

The main differences are that:-

- Response times vary more on a live server due to varying load

- Spread doesnt vary on a demo server

- The feed to the demo servers comes off the live servers not off the banking system itself - so is 'smoothed' a bit

You can argue the contributing factors but the fact is that they are significantly different.

An EA can succeed on a demo account yet fail on a live one :(

Just look at an M1 chart on a live account and compare alongside the demo chart for OHLC differnces, gaps & general... spikiness :eek:

-BB-

Reason: