What are differences between real and demo forex servers?

Sorry for asking such basic questions but I'm new to this market and I need all the info I can get.

So what are the differences in terms of data and how they are served? Don't both servers serve the same ticks?

Thanks

holygrailseeker:

Sorry for asking such basic questions but I'm new to this market and I need all the info I can get.

So what are the differences in terms of data and how they are served? Don't both servers serve the same ticks?

Thanks

From what I have been told by my broker there is no difference except one is using play money.

> From what I have been told by my broker there is no difference except one is using play money.

Sorry chaps, this is just not true.

Simply hitch up an EA on a live account and the same EA on a demo account of that broker.

The EAs will have differnt numbers of trades and different success ratios.

The main differences are that: Response times vary more on a live server due to varying load Spread doesnt vary on a demo server

The feed to the demo servers comes off the live servers not off the banking system itself - so is 'smoothed' a bit

You can argue the contributing factors but the fact is that they are significantly different.

An EA can succeed on a demo account yet fail on a live one :(

Just look at an M1 chart on a live account and compare alongside the demo chart :eek:

-BB-

Reason: