Are any programmers capable of working on two accounts?

Hi Everyone

Could someone answer a simple question for me please? I have an EA i need programmed, but i have come to the conclusion that for best execution it would be better to use 2 accounts (one for bids and one for offers). The EA is just a simple intraday ordering strategy, but im positively certain that MQ5 could not keep pace with both the offers and bids of the system, at least it could not cope intraday. It would have a much better chance of success if the same EA could work between 2 accounts. Before i go any further with MQ5, the MQ5 jobs process, and drawing up a plan for programming translation, and the rest of the work required, i was wondering if someone could put me straight on this matter?

All replies appreciated!

Thanks. 

Aaronsebaronse:

Hi Everyone

Could someone answer a simple question for me please? I have an EA i need programmed, but i have come to the conclusion that for best execution it would be better to use 2 accounts (one for bids and one for offers). The EA is just a simple intraday ordering strategy, but im positively certain that MQ5 could not keep pace with both the offers and bids of the system, at least it could not cope intraday. It would have a much better chance of success if the same EA could work between 2 accounts. Before i go any further with MQ5, the MQ5 jobs process, and drawing up a plan for programming translation, and the rest of the work required, i was wondering if someone could put me straight on this matter?

All replies appreciated!

Thanks. 

anything is possible, but the complexity depends on your need.  

Can the EA work completely independently on the two accounts?

or 

Do you want a single EA to manage multiple accounts?

the latter is far more complicated, but if you are worried about the speed of mql5 I am not sure how that will help you as complexity slows things down it does not speed them up......

MaxTrader:

anything is possible, but the complexity depends on your need.  

Can the EA work completely independently on the two accounts?

or 

Do you want a single EA to manage multiple accounts?

the latter is far more complicated, but if you are worried about the speed of mql5 I am not sure how that will help you as complexity slows things down it does not speed them up......

Ok thanks for your reply; i will talk to one of the programmers if they have a moment. With respect to the speed; for example if my EA was long, and say it put a sell order in the same instrument xyx that made me flat if it was hit, and the sell order was 4 pips away from a high. Then say the EA also had a buy order 2 pips above that high. This is a distance of only 6 pips. The EA in this time horizon has to close the long, open the short, set the short stop, then stop out the short and open a new long at the new high along with setting up that positions market orders. As you know this can happen within a second, especially since the EA is focused around breakouts, and it also trades intraday. One spike and the EA would go into melt down, along with my acocunt.

On the other hand, if one account took care of the bids, and the other handled the offers, then in that situation above, one side of the EA would be long while the sell offer could be placed in the other account. When its triggered, the long account closes the long position, while the short account opens a short and sets the stops. When the short stop is triggered the long account enters a new long. Hence, instead of making 3 trades and placing several market orders in the span of maybe seconds, one account opens two long trades while the short account opens one. I just need to know if its possible before i start translating the logic into some kind of palatable format for a programmer to understand. Because as it is at the moment, it would not have a leg to stand on using real money. And would also be a waste of my time to persue.

Thanks anyways Max. 

Documentation on MQL5: Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Trade Constants / Trade Orders in DOM
Documentation on MQL5: Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Trade Constants / Trade Orders in DOM
  • www.mql5.com
Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Trade Constants / Trade Orders in DOM - Documentation on MQL5

Aaronsebaronse:

Ok thanks for your reply; i will talk to one of the programmers if they have a moment. With respect to the speed; for example if my EA was long, and say it put a sell order in the same instrument xyx that made me flat if it was hit, and the sell order was 4 pips away from a high. Then say the EA also had a buy order 2 pips above that high. This is a distance of only 6 pips. The EA in this time horizon has to close the long, open the short, set the short stop, then stop out the short and open a new long at the new high along with setting up that positions market orders. As you know this can happen within a second, especially since the EA is focused around breakouts, and it also trades intraday. One spike and the EA would go into melt down, along with my acocunt.

On the other hand, if one account took care of the bids, and the other handled the offers, then in that situation above, one side of the EA would be long while the sell offer could be placed in the other account. When its triggered, the long account closes the long position, while the short account opens a short and sets the stops. When the short stop is triggered the long account enters a new long. Hence, instead of making 3 trades and placing several market orders in the span of maybe seconds, one account opens two long trades while the short account opens one. I just need to know if its possible before i start translating the logic into some kind of palatable format for a programmer to understand. Because as it is at the moment, it would not have a leg to stand on using real money. And would also be a waste of my time to persue.

Thanks anyways Max. 

I don't see any problem of speed execution in MQL5 if your programmers knows how to use OrderSendAsync

You do have a problem if you plan the EA to open 2 position at the same time. If the positions are on the same direction, we will only have one position of the same direction. If the position are on different direction, then the last position will close the other position.

2 EA running in 2 accounts in 2 MT5 is possible, but will be diiificult if you want those 2 EA synchronize each other.

Aaronsebaronse:

Hi Everyone

All replies appreciated!

Thanks. 

do not need to use 2 acc on same broker, you can use virtual manager orders

Again thanks for the replies phi.nuts and tuoitrecuoi. There is obviously more to MQ5 than i initially assumed. Phi.nuts, that function you mentioned sounds like it reduces the trade request times, by bypassing the need for confirmation from the server? But does that guarantee a fill? 

What about this scenario Phi.nuts; There is an long market order sitting at 1.5001, and because of the nature of that days price action and the nature of the EA, it will have to be flat of this bid at 1.5002(this can actually happen), hence if we are using only one account we can just use a stop at 1.5002 on the original bid and hence we'll be flat at 5002. But if that stop is hit we need to place two new orders in the market, one above the session high at 1.5006, and one below the session low. But it only gets this positioning information when the stop is filled. So lets say the price spikes from 1.5001 to 1.5007 in seconds. 

Then using only one account, the tasks are;

1. Fill the bid, set its stops.

2. Stop out the bid and place new orders at high and low.

3. Fill the new bid at new session highs.

Theoretically it sounds plausible, but you know the rest of that argument...

The alternative to this messy situation is to be long 1.5001 on one account, and short 1.5002 on the other account with its stops above session high. We get the same spread draw down in both scenarios, but the benefit is that we get to ride the spike with account 1, as we are already positioned for it, and we have a better chance of getting our stop filled with account 2.

lol sorry for melting your face...  I sent an email to a programmer last night and he said he could do it. So i'll have to take his word for it.

Cheers guys.                         

Aaronsebaronse:

Again thanks for the replies phi.nuts and tuoitrecuoi. There is obviously more to MQ5 than i initially assumed. Phi.nuts, that function you mentioned sounds like it reduces the trade request times, by bypassing the need for confirmation from the server? But does that guarantee a fill? 

What about this scenario Phi.nuts; There is an long market order sitting at 1.5001, and because of the nature of that days price action and the nature of the EA, it will have to be flat of this bid at 1.5002(this can actually happen), hence if we are using only one account we can just use a stop at 1.5002 on the original bid and hence we'll be flat at 5002. But if that stop is hit we need to place two new orders in the market, one above the session high at 1.5006, and one below the session low. But it only gets this positioning information when the stop is filled. So lets say the price spikes from 1.5001 to 1.5007 in seconds. 

Then using only one account, the tasks are;

1. Fill the bid, set its stops.

2. Stop out the bid and place new orders at high and low.

3. Fill the new bid at new session highs.

Theoretically it sounds plausible, but you know the rest of that argument...

The alternative to this messy situation is to be long 1.5001 on one account, and short 1.5002 on the other account with its stops above session high. We get the same spread draw down in both scenarios, but the benefit is that we get to ride the spike with account 1, as we are already positioned for it, and we have a better chance of getting our stop filled with account 2.

lol sorry for melting your face...  I sent an email to a programmer last night and he said he could do it. So i'll have to take his word for it.

Cheers guys.                         

1. Nothing can guarantee a fill.

2. In MT5, we cannot open long and short at the same time. 

Reason: