VPS MT5 Ubuntu 12.10 - Fatal Error

Ive installed MT5 on a linux VPS with wine 1.5.

It works, but if i add a EA to the chart i get an error and MT5 closes..

See the attachment. 

Does anyone have MT5 EA working on a Linux VPS? Yes?

What version of ubuntu do you use and what version of wine..   

Files:
mt5.jpg  31 kb

Hi Kima,

I do not have experience to run MT5 on Linux - I have experience to run MT4 on Linux. As I remember - the only issue I had was the following: I could not change the settings/parameters in EA's input during the attaching it to the chart. So, I had to open MetaEditor on Linux and change default settings of the EA to my settings.

There is article about MT5 with Linux: MetaTrader 5 on Linux

So, about your error - no idea. I can not help sorry. may be - some other people are having experience with MT5 on Linux?

Kima:

Ive installed MT5 on a linux VPS with wine 1.5.

It works, but if i add a EA to the chart i get an error and MT5 closes..

See the attachment. 

Does anyone have MT5 EA working on a Linux VPS? Yes?

What version of ubuntu do you use and what version of wine..   

1. I know that Linux Server is cheaper than Windows Server, but since MT5 is designed and run natively on Windows, it's better to use Windows than Linux, especially for 24/7 operation.

2. Your picture show 64 bit, try to use 32 bit - everything.  

1. Yes it is about 4 times cheaper. And thats because you pay a lot for the licencing i think, because its the same VPS.  And as long as i run real time EA tests i can take the gamble.

2. Do you have a link with MT5 32bit? because i can only get 64bits with the metatrader installer.. i dont have a 32bit machine. 

Kima:

1. Yes it is about 4 times cheaper. And thats because you pay a lot for the licencing i think, because its the same VPS.  And as long as i run real time EA tests i can take the gamble.

2. Do you have a link with MT5 32bit? because i can only get 64bits with the metatrader installer.. i dont have a 32bit machine. 

Something like this, but I don't know how to do it in Linux :(.

I mean all 32 bit, Linux, Wine, and so MT as well. 

Hmm ok.

I also saw that wine standard installation is 32bit.

So im first going install the 64bit version, thanks for the new options.

http://wiki.winehq.org/Wine64  

Wine64 - The Official Wine Wiki
  • wiki.winehq.org
This page is for notes on the 64-bit port of Wine for AMD64 (a.k.a. x64 or x86-64) and its wow64 setup. For normal use (if you have a 64-bit operating system), you will want to compile the wow64 setup of Wine. If you are a Wine packager please see the Wine64ForPackagers page. Installing build prerequisites Install the needed development...

Just few hours ago I did on Ubuntu 12.10 64bit live cd backtest optimisation with default moving average expert. It worked fine until memory went full and mt5 politely sad that in log without any crashing. :)

If you want to try run everything under 32bits - it's better just to install 32bit ubuntu, that's much easer than trying to run 32bit wine version on 64bit ubuntu.

The problem was reproduced.

Please wait for a while. We're working on this.

@alexvd  Ah ok.

And i saw that wine is stanard compatible with 64bit and 32bit. So no need to change that.

@CeleronS i had the same, but in a few seconds my cpu overloaded as well and failed. But the mt5 program did not fail as it does with attaching a ea

Ok, I got crashes too, it's not stable enough.

damn, back to win roots ^^

Yes we do.. I gave up after a few days testing. 

Now i found a reliable company with a affordable price:

<edited> 1024 MB 

CPU-cores 1 × 2.4 Ghz @ 80%

Windows 2008 R2 SP1 Web

for  € <edited> a month. 

Or does someone else have a better suggestion?  

<edited by mod phi.nuts> 

Reason: