MT5 Failed Market Download on 32bit Windows 10

Hello Everyone,

I recently tried to install an indicator from the MQL5 marketplace on MT5 and I received the following error in the Journal:

2021.04.29 23:19:02.973    MQL5 Market    failed download product 'Renko Chart' (www.mql5.com:443 send failed [426: ])

I noticed this error only happens on 32bit Windows as I have two laptops; one running Windows 10 32bit and the other running Windows 10 64bit.

The 64bit installs products just fine but 32bit gives error. I use my 32bit laptop more frequently because I use it for work and only use my 64bit laptop when I get back home.

Is there anyway to solve this 'failed download' problem on the 32bit Windows 10? Or should I abandon it and get a new 64bit laptop for work and take the pain of transferring all my files and programs?

Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks.

David Obioma Okorafor: I recently tried to install an indicator from the MQL5 marketplace on MT5 and I received the following error in the Journal:

2021.04.29 23:19:02.973    MQL5 Market    failed download product 'Renko Chart' (www.mql5.com:443 send failed [426: ])

I noticed this error only happens on 32bit Windows as I have two laptops; one running Windows 10 32bit and the other running Windows 10 64bit.

The 64bit installs products just fine but 32bit gives error. I use my 32bit laptop more frequently because I use it for work and only use my 64bit laptop when I get back home.

Is there anyway to solve this 'failed download' problem on the 32bit Windows 10? Or should I abandon it and get a new 64bit laptop for work and take the pain of transferring all my files and programs?

Please note that MT5 32-bit is no longer being updated (and this may be the cause of your problems) and only 64 bit has continued to evolve. I believe that MetaQuotes has decided to no longer support 32 bit much.

Is there any way you can update your 32 bit Windows with 64 bit Windows?

There are many laptop/notebooks that are installed with 32 bit version of the OS simply because they don't use more that 4GB RAM, but are in fact 64-bit machines and can take the 64-bit version of the OS!

Fernando Carreiro:

Is there any way you can update your 32 bit Windows with 64 bit Windows?

There are many laptop/notebooks that are installed with 32 bit version of the OS simply because they don't use more that 4GB RAM, but are in fact 64-bit machines and can take the 64-bit version of the OS!

Yes it can be updated to 64 bit, but that will render it almost useless because most of its drivers are 32 bit and drivers from Windows Update for 64 bit are incompatible.

I've tried this in the past and it didn't work out well, so I decided to stick with 32 bit.

Fernando Carreiro:
Please note that MT5 32-bit is no longer being updated (and this may be the cause of your problems) and only 64 bit has continued to evolve. I believe that MetaQuotes has decided to no longer support 32 bit much.
Thanks very much for the reply. I guess I have no choice but to go through the pain of re-installation of programs and file transfers, then abandon the 32 bit laptop.

David Obioma Okorafor:

Hello Everyone,

I recently tried to install an indicator from the MQL5 marketplace on MT5 and I received the following error in the Journal:

Thanks.

Hello Mr Okorafor!! If your laptop is anyway out of 64 bits drivers, you can install Linux, I use Linux Mint. Surelly your laptop will have linux  64 bits drivers and you will be able run latest version of mt4 or mt5 64bits via Wine.

https://www.linuxmint.com/download.php

I use both mt4 and mt5 on my llinux via wine. No probllems at all it just works good. You´ll just have to learn basics from linux wine instalation. Hope it can save your laptop.

Download Linux Mint 21.3 - Linux Mint
  • Linux Mint
  • www.linuxmint.com
Linux Mint is an elegant, easy to use, up to date and comfortable desktop operating system.
Reason: