Can we making an EA based on indicator's alert only

Hello, Let say I have an indicator in EX4 file, it shows nothing but an alert only, which will tell me to buy, sell and exit the market. Can we make an EA base on this indicator only?

Thank you

You can use iCustom function to access data value returned from external custom indicator in your EA.
But if your indicator just tells you buy or sell only you can't intercept any value to work with.

Hi, of course you can make an EA based on this indicator. You could check its value using the iCustom function ( as mentioned above ) and you can take actions based on it - Buy, Sell or Exit a trade...And this is basically all you need to do. Of course you will have to do market orders only in this EA...

thank you

Automated

Hello, I know about iCustom, but this indicator doesn't asking any input at all (period, etc) and shows nothing on the chart except and alert. So we don't have any information at all about it's indicator buffer(s). And although it's attached on 1 minute chart, it will showing up something like "5 minutes - buy now". So can we read it's alert and send an order according to it?0

Thank you

hi man,

yes, you could read this alert. from what you've described I think that this alert could be in form of an object. You could easily confirm this by checking the objects list ( use Ctrl+B in the MT4 to see it ). If you see the object with its text there, then this indicator uses objects to display its signal. So, just use the objects functions to retrieve this object and its text...

thank you

Automated

Automated:

hi man,

yes, you could read this alert. from what you've described I think that this alert could be in form of an object. You could easily confirm this by checking the objects list ( use Ctrl+B in the MT4 to see it ). If you see the object with its text there, then this indicator uses objects to display its signal. So, just use the objects functions to retrieve this object and its text...

thank you

Automated

Thanks for the explanation.
I've just try Ctrl+B, but there's only a horizontal line, nothing more. Is there any other way to make an EA based on indicator's alert only?

Thank you

One thing to note - in order to see the object in the objects list ( the one that pops with Ctrl+B ) you must see it on the screen first.

In other words you must see the signal written on the screen and then go and look for the object. If there's no signal on the screen you may not find any object about it either...

So, have you seen the signal when you tried looking for it on the objects list ?

the other option you may want to try is with iCustom - there are maximum of 8 buffers possible - just try them all one by one...

Automated:

One thing to note - in order to see the object in the objects list ( the one that pops with Ctrl+B ) you must see it on the screen first.

In other words you must see the signal written on the screen and then go and look for the object. If there's no signal on the screen you may not find any object about it either...

So, have you seen the signal when you tried looking for it on the objects list ?

the other option you may want to try is with iCustom - there are maximum of 8 buffers possible - just try them all one by one...

I'll try it on next monday. Thank you

Unfortunately it doesn't work. There's no object occur right after an alert.
Maybe I need to make myself more clear.
It's a set of 5 indicators (all are ex4 files), they're produce alerts when some conditions meet. To make an EA I think I have to know about "conditions", unfortunately although those indicator are attach on 1 minute timeframe, it give an alert on another timeframe such as "5 minutes - buy". If it's working on 1 minutes only, I can easily find it's "conditions", but it's working on 5 and 15 minutes too, so my only clue is it's alert.
Can we make an EA base on it's alert?

I've heard that it can be done using dll file. Anybody know how to do that?

Thank you

Do you see these alerts in any other window as well ? like expert window, journal window, etc. Have you checked any other window ?

Or are the alerts displayed at the top left corner of the chart window only ?

thank you

Reason: