Market Watch VS Chart

Hi.

Seems to be strange but in several platforms with several brokers I noted the price on charts (bid line) are not equal to the price in Market Watch window (bid price).

IE1
USDCHF
Chart 1.2215
Market Watch 1.2214

IE2
GBPUSD
Chart 1.9302
Market Watch 1.9301

I´m using last version (build 202).

And or, sometimes the prices on market watch moves 3/4 times meanwhile the price on chart just do one.

Is this my own problem? As I said, I noted the same with several brokers and the same happens on both of my 2 pc.

I´m doing something wrong?

Is that a bug?

Is that the normal behavior of the software?

Is there any way to correct this?

Thanks.

Ask question your broker. This is "spread difference" for your group of users set on the trade server.

stringo:
Ask question your broker. This is "spread difference" for your group of users set on the trade server.

Thanks for the answer.

Sorry, but don´t. That´s not the way to follow.

For me, like customer, the prices is only one.

When I sign a contract document with a broker I accept terms and conditions. If you opened an accounts with some broker is because you choose some capabilities.

Also, you expect to see one price coming from them.

Prices over the bid price are a convention for charting. Is the way in all technical analysis we´ve found everyday is done.

If you want to use ask price, average price, etc is there always an option in the software. This is a user´s problems.

I don´t know what is "spread difference" and I don´t care to know, every wise trader knows about the games that they play with us. We Accept that.

We know, a broker could have different spreads for different customers, also, could be differences between the quotes provides for the customers, even different prices from the market, etc etc.

But, it´s different to accept the broker hidden games, than accept this kind of differences coming from the software, because this way seems like the broker show us you two type of prices. And the price, right or wrong, is only one for you, the customer.

But, no matter what type of client are you, the price for you is only one. So, Market Watch must be equal to the Chart. If not, you´re is like to using two brokers, don´t you think?

I have another little question at this point.

With your answer, the´re exists a posibilty to trade with different prices at the same time. IE: in some time you could buy EURUSD 1.3000 from market watch and buy same 1.3002 form chart. Also, same for sell.

Also, another couple of questions.

When buy, what is your buy price, the market watch price? the chart price?,
An expert what price would use execute the mathematical calculations and the orders?
A market order is triggered with market watch price? the chart price?.

Please, do not misunderstood my opinions.
I like the software a lot but, it´s wonderful, but I dislike to see this black hole.

I think this problem needs to be corrected.

Thanks again.

Please ask your broker for clarification

For trade operations use Bid or Ask, these are prices from Market Watch. Chart price is indicative data only. Exact price you will know after trading operation

stringo:

Please ask your broker for clarification

For trade operations use Bid or Ask, these are prices from Market Watch. Chart price is indicative data only. Exact price you will know after trading operation

Sorry to raise this thread from the dead, but could u please clarify:

1. Indicative in what sense? How does it work exactly?

2. Is there a secondary data stream that pushes only bar data (high/low/open/close) to each chart (for whatever timeframe that chart is at)?

Thanks, G.

I think what he meant was when you take the trade you won't get the price indicated only the one the broker decides at the time. My chart and market window prices seem to be spot on anyway. It was version 202 he was using.

Ruptor:
I think what he meant was when you take the trade you won't get the price indicated only the one the broker decides at the time.

I know that and have no problem with that. I am aware that it takes time for quotes to arrive at my Terminal and for order requests to arrive at the broker and that during that time quotes might change. That's expected and unavoidable.

The question is - if prices come to Market Watch and those are the prices experts 'see' either by using MarketInfo() or by using the predefined Bid/Ask variables, why are the prices reflected in the chart not the same? And if they aren't, what is the process that decides the prices on the chart?

In short - what does 'indicative' mean in this context?

If you know that the price you get when you trade is not necessarily the price on the chart then you must see the chart is indicative and not actual.

Ruptor:
If you know that the price you get when you trade is not necessarily the price on the chart then you must see the chart is indicative and not actual.

'Indicative', from wikipedia:

1. serving as a sign, indication or suggestion of something He had pains indicative of a heart attack.
  2. (grammar) of, or relating to the indicative mood

Per definition, the chart is indeed indicative, but that doesn't tell us much. What I'd like to know is:

1. WHY does the chart have different prices than the Market Watch?

2. HOW are these prices determined?

My chart and market window have the same prices. Do you have different prices?

I am referring to the price being indicative of what one might get when a trade is requested. None of the indicator lines on the chart are on the actual price because they are filtered for display.

The bottom line is should we be worried about fractions of a point on a display anyway?

Ruptor:

My chart and market window have the same prices. Do you have different prices?

I am referring to the price being indicative of what one might get when a trade is requested. None of the indicator lines on the chart are on the actual price because they are filtered for display.

You won't be able to see this with your eyes. U need some way of recording both and comparing. And yes, they are different. We talked about this in the past -> https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/120639.

The difference could be quite severe. Go ahead and do the same experiment yourself. U would see that a graph built from collected ticks (which is what your expert 'sees') and the actual graph you get in front of you is huge...

The bottom line is should we be worried about fractions of a point on a display anyway?

Yes. Many times it's much much more than fractions of a point. But why should there be a difference? Shouldn't the bars be built form the high/low/open/close received in the Market Windows? And if they are not the same (and they are not) then where the hell is the data coming from in the graph? Is there a secondary data stream for high/low/open/close only which differs form the main tick stream? And why should it be different?

Don't worry I won't lose any sleep over it. But it pisses me off, especially the fact that it's not documented or explained anywhere by MetaQuotes.

Reason: