Can MetaTrader send SMS? - page 2

qjol:

I do not understand, if the all problem is because of losing the Internet connection, so what will these solutions, which also involves sending SMS over the Internet

Therefore this thread is talking about sending the sms over the connected cell phone (bluetooth, infrared, usb).

The windows driver software that comes with the phone should install a virtual COM port (serial port) which behaves like a good old analog modem and can be used by some simple command line tool to send AT commands for dialing a number or sending an SMS or doing other funny things with the phone.

7bit:

Therefore this thread is talking about sending the sms over the connected cell phone (bluetooth, infrared, usb).

The windows driver software that comes with the phone should install a virtual COM port (serial port) which behaves like a good old analog modem and can be used by some simple command line tool to send AT commands for dialing a number or sending an SMS or doing other funny things with the phone.

but using skype is not an option

this is interesting...

but does anyone know of an EA that will receive an sms text trade alert from my cell phone and then execute the trade order

into my meta trader platform?

Or maybe by pass my cell phone all together and instead of my cell phone receiving the sms text trade alert,

I could just have an EA that will receive it directly and execute the trade order?

-gert

lalilo:
Is there a way to set MT to send SMS to my cellphone through a connected cellphone or GSM modem?

I need this option (instead of sending email) because my connection is lost sometimes and MT cannot send emails then.

Here is a link for the software that meet this purpose.

http://sg.88db.com/sg/Views/postDetails.aspx?PostID=2581392

I have a similar question. Does anyone know how to inform someone which positions were opened and calculate all the parameters, like risk of ruin in the real time and then send these information to someone email or sms.

Thank you for your help

This will send you an email every time a position open/closes with out the need to set up email pop or SMTP

http://4xtrader.net/4xstats/

I am using EA open position then send the SMS to my mobile phone . Very simple. No need dll. Using Email to SMS method.

1) Refer to SMS Service Provider https://www.mdtechcorp.com/sms/indexRE.jsp?l=e&mid=0

2) Select Email to SMS, use the Format 2 method .

3) In EA - SendMail("","This content is plain text or html") ;

A simple work around if you cant figure this out would be to create an email account specifically for trade alerts and install an app on your phone that monitors the email account. Something like gmail will work for this but you can install any outlook/Thunderbird type email app on your phone (you can find countless free ones in the android or apple app stores) and connect it to any account. You can use an existing account as well but be aware you will be getting alerts for every new email you get if you do, not just the trade alert emails. Just have mt4 send you an email when your conditions are met and your phone will give you an alert when it receives a new message in the inbox, which is no different than what a SMS text message does.

Bodhi Mantra #:
A simple work around if you cant figure this out would be to create an email account specifically for trade alerts and install an app on your phone that monitors the email account. Something like gmail will work for this but you can install any outlook/Thunderbird type email app on your phone (you can find countless free ones in the android or apple app stores) and connect it to any account. You can use an existing account as well but be aware you will be getting alerts for every new email you get if you do, not just the trade alert emails. Just have mt4 send you an email when your conditions are met and your phone will give you an alert when it receives a new message in the inbox, which is no different than what a SMS text message does.

It's a very old topic. I'm actively using MT4/MT5 with "webrequest". All SMS companies have codes for http/get and post operations.

Reason: