Too many input parameters...

Hi MetaQuotes team and other programmers,

I do have a tricky problem with MT5... the tester will not start due to "too many input parameters..."

Unfortunately this problem is just present with  MT5 tester.

With the MT4 tester it's possible to declare several k inputs, even when the software base behind the MT4 is way older.

So my question, does it give any work around to be able to declare more than 1024 Inputs parameters within an MQL5 code?

I've tried to use the new "input group" function or replaced some of them by sinput - still the same.

Thank you!

Tim

So my question, does it give any work around to be able to declare more than 1024 Inputs parameters within an MQL5 code?

Not that I know - BUT too many input parameters is a strong indication for overadapting the EA!

You have to find a way to merge your input variables on you own.

Calli

PS: Hier sprechen wir deutsch :)

Auch gut :P

Ja, ist mir schon bewusst...

Das ist kein EA sondern ein statistisches Tool zur Marktanalyse, dass ich für einen Kunden erstelle. Das Teil handelt nichts

und ich würde es schon anders konzeptionieren, aber Lastenheft ist fix...

Danke für den allgemein gültigen Hinweis und nach wie vor sind es zu viele Input-Parameter.

Würde es ungern mit eine Excel "Zettelwirtschaft" lösen müssen.

Any ideas?

Mfg

Tim

Tim Zierer:

Any ideas?

Codiere doch mehrere Parameter in Strings mit Trenner.

ParmGroup1_bools = "1:1:0:1:1:0" 

usw....

Also das man mit 1024 input parameter nicht auskommt ist schon eher ungewöhnlich 

Christian:

Codiere doch mehrere Parameter in Strings mit Trenner.

ParmGroup1_bools = "1:1:0:1:1:0" 

usw....

Ah gute Idee, danke!

Ja ich weiß schon was ich da mache, keine Sorge.

Bin hauptberuflicher Software Ingenieur...

Tim Zierer :

Ah good idea thanks!

Yes, I already know what I'm doing, don't worry.

I am a full-time software engineer ...

Lol

The problem arises with optimization of a multi-symbol statistical trading EA where open positions in one instrument interract with those of another. really there needs to be a way around this
Grund der Beschwerde: