OpenCL and the Cloud

Hi,

I want to use OpenCL to speed up a bit the test of my EA, but first I want to think about the downsides.

One think that I'm worried about is the use of the MQL5 Cloud. What happen when some nodes connected to the cloud don't have OpenCL enabled?

Do I have to create a fallback code to avoid that case?

Att. 

HVilela:

Hi,

I want to use OpenCL to speed up a bit the test of my EA, but first I want to think about the downsides.

One think that I'm worried about is the use of the MQL5 Cloud. What happen when some nodes connected to the cloud don't have OpenCL enabled?

Att. 

You can use TerminalInfoInteger() with TERMINAL_OPENCL_SUPPORT to filter the suitable agents.

Simply add something like the following to your OnInit :

if(TerminalInfoInteger(TERMINAL_OPENCL_SUPPORT)==0) 
      return(INIT_AGENT_NOT_SUITABLE);

HVilela:

Hi,

Att. 

Olá Henrique

Seja bem vindo a Comunidade MQL5!

Apenas uma orientação, quando você quiser colocar um tópico no fórum em inglês, use a Sessão  "English"  da MQL5Community.

Na Seção "Portuguese" os tópicos devem ser escritos em português. 

angevoyageur:

You can use TerminalInfoInteger() with TERMINAL_OPENCL_SUPPORT to filter the suitable agents.

Simply add something like the following to your OnInit :

Thanks, man. Exactly what I needed.

PauloBrasil:

Olá Henrique

Seja bem vindo a Comunidade MQL5!

Apenas uma orientação, quando você quiser colocar um tópico no fórum em inglês, use a Sessão  "English"  da MQL5Community.

Na Seção "Portuguese" os tópicos devem ser escritos em português. 

Obrigado pelo toc, Paulo. Não acontecerá novamente. :)

Razão: