Error when Enabling DLL

Hi,

I purchased an MT4 indicator, and I've been told I installed everything correctly... I installed the DLL file in MQL4\Libraries, the EX4 in MQL4\Indicators. Tools/Options\Expert Advisors... Allow DLL Imports, and on the Common Tab of the indicator, I checked off both Allow DLL imports & Allow external experts imports.

MT4 is Build 1010 and I'm running in Windows 10. (someone told me they think the problem exist in Windows 10).

This is the error I'm receiving...

"You have to enable Libraries in order to work with this product."

I'd really appreciate someone helping me. Thanks

Rockford:

Hi,

I purchased an MT4 indicator, and I've been told I installed everything correctly... I installed the DLL file in MQL4\Libraries, the EX4 in MQL4\Indicators. Tools/Options\Expert Advisors... Allow DLL Imports, and on the Common Tab of the indicator, I checked off both Allow DLL imports & Allow external experts imports.

MT4 is Build 1010 and I'm running in Windows 10. (someone told me they think the problem exist in Windows 10).

Screen shot?

Rockford: I purchased an MT4 indicator, and I've been told I installed everything correctly... I installed the DLL file in MQL4\Libraries, the EX4 in MQL4\Indicators. Tools/Options\Expert Advisors... Allow DLL Imports, and on the Common Tab of the indicator, I checked off both Allow DLL imports & Allow external experts imports.

Well, since you purchased this Indicator from a 3rd party, might it not be best to contact them for support?

I personally have Windows 10 (64 bit) with MetaTrader 4 Build 1010 and make use of my own DLL files without any problem.

However, your error message seems to be specific to that 3rd party code and is not a standard MT4 error message. I did a Google search for that exact text and it appeared in a few places in reference to "Forex Galaxy" but they seem to have disappeared a few years back.

Are you sure the executable and DLL are recent and compatible with current builds?

Fstrifoerr8:
Screen shot?

Hi Fstrifoerr8,

I don't have a screenshot, but the indicator is on the indicaator list, and there is a little lock on the upper right hand corner of the chart, which I'm told is suppose to be there. But, the indicator is not loading on the chart, other than the error.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Fernando Carreiro:

Well, since you purchased this Indicator from a 3rd party, might it not be best to contact them for support?

I personally have Windows 10 (64 bit) with MetaTrader 4 Build 1010 and make use of my own DLL files without any problem.

However, your error message seems to be specific to that 3rd party code and is not a standard MT4 error message. I did a Google search for that exact text and it appeared in a few places in reference to "Forex Galaxy" but they seem to have disappear a few years back.

Are you sure the executable and DLL are recent and compatible with current builds?

Hi Fernando,

I have talked to the 3rd party support, and I purchased the indicator at the FXCM app store who has throughly tested it, and currently neither have a solution right now. Both parties said that the indicator is working fine with Build 1010. I'm not worried of not being refunded, I trust them, but I really would like to correct the problem and use the indicator.

Rockford:

Hi Fstrifoerr8,

I don't have a screenshot, but the indicator is on the indicaator list, and there is a little lock on the upper right hand corner of the chart, which I'm told is suppose to be there. But, the indicator is not loading on the chart, other than the error.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Fstrifoerr8, is asking you to make a screen-shot of the chart with the indicator and/or a screen-shot of the error message.

You have to remember, that we are not mind readers and cannot "see" your screen, so you need to provide us with information that we can use in order to help you!

Rockford:

Hi Fernando,

I have talked to the 3rd party support, and I purchased the indicator at the FXCM app store who has throughly tested it, and currently neither have a solution right now. Both parties said that the indicator is working fine with Build 1010. I'm not worried of not being refunded, I trust them, but I really would like to correct the problem and use the indicator.

What other information appears in the Journal and Experts tabs/logs?

Any information in those logs can help identify what the problem may be!

Fernando Carreiro:

Thank you Fernando, I'm not home right now, but as soon as I get home I'll post my findings along with a log file.

Thanks

Fernando Carreiro:

Hi Fernando,

This is rockford's brother, I'm trying to help him out because he is not at all computer savvy. I'm not a lot better. The error is not showing when loading the indicator, it only shows a small lock in the corner of the chart. I do have the log file. Can you tell me how to attach it to a message, or do I just paste it in this window?

Thanks

Rockford:

Hi Fernando,

This is rockford's brother, I'm trying to help him out because he is not at all computer savvy. I'm not a lot better. The error is not showing when loading the indicator, it only shows a small lock in the corner of the chart. I do have the log file. Can you tell me how to attach it to a message, or do I just paste it in this window?

Thanks

Rename the log files to a ".txt" extension and then just attach it to the post. There is a "+ Attach file" section, just under the comment window, on the left-hand side (where the "Add your comment" is on the right) when you are typing in a new post!

Please note, include both the "Journal" log and the "Experts" log and please indicate the name of the indicator so one can find it in the logs.

Fernando Carreiro:

Rename the log files to a ".txt" extension and then just attach it to the post. There is a "+ Attach file" section, just under the comment window, on the left-hand side (where the "Add your comment" is on the right) when you are typing in a new post!

Please note, include both the "Journal" log and the "Experts" log and please indicate the name of the indicator so one can find it in the logs.

Sorry, I was attaching that when you were posting. Is it ok with a log extension? That is the log file from MQL4\logs directory
Reason: