Relate 5 Activation

I have a few question about some product in the market that has 5 Activation/product when you buy it.

1. What will happen when I use the same computer with same hardware, buy I format it.. Let's say currently I use windows 7 Pro x64 and after format it I still use the same windows 7 Pro x64. Is that new activation will count?

2. What will happen when I use the same computer with same hardware, buy I format it.. Let's say currently I use windows 7 and then upgrade to Windows 10 or I change to Linux. Is that new activation will count?

3. What kind of upgrade will count the activation to -1? If I add new Hard Disk for data is that the new activation will count? 

Thanks 

Mohd Syafiq Johar Arrifin:

I have a few question about some product in the market that has 5 Activation/product when you buy it.

1. What will happen when I use the same computer with same hardware, buy I format it.. Let's say currently I use windows 7 Pro x64 and after format it I still use the same windows 7 Pro x64. Is that new activation will count?

2. What will happen when I use the same computer with same hardware, buy I format it.. Let's say currently I use windows 7 and then upgrade to Windows 10 or I change to Linux. Is that new activation will count?

3. What kind of upgrade will count the activation to -1? If I add new Hard Disk for data is that the new activation will count? 

Thanks 

Yes, yes and yes.

#3 only if the OS/MT Platform is reinstalled on that new disk.

Marco vd Heijden:

Yes, yes and yes.

Many people are asking these quetions and I didn't know all the answers. I thought to use Service Desk for this, but now there's no need. Many thanks for the clarifications. Regards.

Marco vd Heijden:

Yes, yes and yes.

Thank you for answering..
I just wonder how to get rid of -1 activation.. Because within 6 month I usually format computer once, for keep the driver up to date, make it fast & clean the dump.. Is there any solution for that.. 

Mohd Syafiq Johar Arrifin:
Thank you for answering..
I just wonder how to get rid of -1 activation.. Because within 6 month I usually format computer once, for keep the driver up to date, make it fast & clean the dump.. Is there any solution for that.. 

I think it's a bad practice why would you want to do that?

It makes me wonder if you use that computer for other things... not recommended, and the art is actually to have it running for as long as possible, stable and without touching it.

Which can perfectly be done when only used for the sole purpose of gaining capital.

If you insist you can try to burn a Ghost image of the freshly installed system+workspace and use that for recovery purposes.

If you use your PC responsibly there's no need to format it. For example, I bought one of my PCs 7 years ago (in 2009) and I have never formatted it. It still works fine today. Regards-
Reason: