Windows 7 Problem Build 7601

I have a problem getting ex.4 files to be copied to a chart. I can get them in the experts folder etc. but they wont copy to a chart.

I have a Windows XP box that has no problem with ex.4 files, does anybody else have this problem?

Can anyone recommend a Windos OS that does not have this problem & copies files like Windows XP?

I have Windows XP and Windows 8.1 (Asus tablet) - not a problem at all.
I did not have Windows 7 because when I bought this tablet so it was already Windows 8 so I just upgraded to 8.1

But I did not see many complaints about Windows 7 here ... about Windows 10 - yes, it was some complaints (mostly about the Windows, not about Metatrader).

Sergey Golubev:
I have Windows XP and Windows 8.1 (Asus tablet) - not a problem at all.
I did not have Windows 7 because when I bought this tablet so it was already Windows 8 so I just upgraded to 8.1

But I did not see many complaints about Windows 7 here ... about Windows 10 - yes, it was some complaints (mostly about the Windows, not about Metatrader).

It is a problem with the OS...Does Windows 8.1 copy files the same way as Windows XP though?

Did you have any problems with Win 8?

fx9 fx9:

It is a problem with the OS...Does Windows 8.1 copy files the same way as Windows XP though?

Never ever had that problem and i have been using Win 7 for many years now.

fx9 fx9:

Yes, on same way, and no problem.

You can check those ex4 files for example - Open Metatrader, on menu: File - Open data Folder and try to find those ex4 files ...
May be - some problem with the folders (Metatrader changed the folders because of the Windows requirement?)

Because Data Folder for Metatrader in Windows XP is something as C:\Program Files\Metatrader 4\ ...

But for Windows 8.1: C:\Users\Asus_vivo_tab\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\...\MQL4\Indicators

So, you can check the folders (new one and old one).

Sergey Golubev:

Because Data Folder for Metatrader in Windows XP is something as C:\Program Files\Metatrader 4\ ...

But for Windows 8.1: C:\Users\Asus_vivo_tab\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\...\MQL4\Indicators

So, you can check the folders (new one and old one).

Ok, but does Win v.8 or v8.1 copy mt4 files like Win XP? Example: Win XP,,,Save the file in mydocuments, then click/highlight file,click copy, then box with installed programs is displayed, scroll to mt4 terminal,

then expand mql folder, then experts file is displayed, then just click copy file from mydocuments, then your done.

Win 7 is allot different, it`s much harder at least with mine.

fx9 fx9:

Ok, but does Win v.8 or v8.1 copy mt4 files like Win XP? Example: Win XP,,,Save the file in mydocuments, then click/highlight file,click copy, then box with installed programs is displayed, scroll to mt4 terminal,

then expand mql folder, then experts file is displayed, then just click copy file from mydocuments, then your done.

Win 7 is allot different, it`s much harder at least with mine.

No you click file then open data folder.

Then you navigate to Expert or Indicator folder, depending on what you want to copy.

THen you open the folder containing your files and you can simply drag and drop them into the expert/indiactor destination folder.

Very easy.

Marco vd Heijden:

No you click file then open data folder.

Then you navigate to Expert or Indicator folder, depending on what you want to copy.

THen you open the folder containing your files and you can simply drag and drop them into the expert/indiactor destination folder.

Very easy.

Sounds like Win 7...But do you have any problem with mt4 using ex.4 files? As i said they don`t work with mt4 using Win 7 but with Win XP no problem.

fx9 fx9:
Sounds like Win 7...But do you have any problem with mt4 using ex.4 files? As i said they don`t work with mt4 using Win 7 but with Win XP no problem.

No never had any problem with it...but i am aware this happens when you put it in the wrong folder, for example expert in indicator folder it will not load.

Please check the expert log for error.

Marco vd Heijden:

No never had any problem with it...but i am aware this happens when you put it in the wrong folder, for example expert in indicator folder it will not load.

Please check the expert log for error.

That i understand, but it is not the issue im facing, as i said it will not work with ex4 files, it will work with mql4-source code files.

So to clarify the  question, do you have any problem with running ex.4 files using Win 8. or Win 8.1?

Reason: