Cloud sync errors

I keep getting these errors and that terminate the cloud service when optimising 

2012.12.20 13:49:33 Tester rejected tasks limit reached, cloud connections will be closed

2012.12.20 13:49:32 MQL5 Cloud Europe 2 genetic pass (0, 33) tested with error "endless loop detected in OnInit function, expert rejected by MQL5 Cloud Network" in 802 sec (PR 141)

My OnInit only has the creation of a moving average buffer.

//---
   if(!m_ma_eurjpy.Create("EURJPY",PERIOD_CURRENT,2,0,PRICE_WEIGHTED)) return(-1);
   m_ma_eurjpy.BufferResize(_buffer+2);

Is there a way to resolve this? Thanks.

Distributed Computing in the MQL5 Cloud Network
  • cloud.mql5.com
Connect to the MQL5 Cloud Network (Cloud Computing) and earn extra income around the clock — there is much work for you computer!

ssn:

I keep getting these errors and that terminate the cloud service when optimising 

2012.12.20 13:49:33 Tester rejected tasks limit reached, cloud connections will be closed

2012.12.20 13:49:32 MQL5 Cloud Europe 2 genetic pass (0, 33) tested with error "endless loop detected in OnInit function, expert rejected by MQL5 Cloud Network" in 802 sec (PR 141)

My OnInit only has the creation of a moving average buffer.

Is there a way to resolve this? Thanks.

If I restart the optimization it will go back to generation 0 meaning all the results I had obtained from later generations will be lost, and I will be paying more money, and it can still freeze with the same error.

It would be nice if there is a way to save optimization results and to resume from them. 

ssn:

If I restart the optimization it will go back to generation 0 meaning all the results I had obtained from later generations will be lost, and I will be paying more money, and it can still freeze with the same error.

It would be nice if there is a way to save optimization results and to resume from them. 

I got the exact same problem.

Were you able to resolve this?

Clock

Clock:

I got the exact same problem.

Were you able to resolve this?

Clock

The exact same error message ? Then can you show your OnInit() function ?

The results from Optimization are normally cached, but if you have an error in your code probably the cache is ineffective.

I've been having exactly the same issue - but then with the OnTick function - i.e. the error message that I get is:

"genetic pass (0,30) tested with error "endless loop detected in OnTick function, expert rejected by MQL5 Cloud Network" in 600 sec (PR 190)", followed by the message:

"rejected tasks limit reached, cloud connections will be closed".

It doesn't make a hell of a lot of sense as I can repeatedly optimise exactly the same expert on my own, 4 core machine without any issues. Did anyone get anywhere with this problem? 

• cloud.mql5.com
Connect to the MQL5 Cloud Network (Cloud Computing) and earn extra income around the clock — there is much work for you computer!

cowil:

I've been having exactly the same issue - but then with the OnTick function - i.e. the error message that I get is:

"genetic pass (0,30) tested with error "endless loop detected in OnTick function, expert rejected by MQL5 Cloud Network" in 600 sec (PR 190)", followed by the message:

"rejected tasks limit reached, cloud connections will be closed".

It doesn't make a hell of a lot of sense as I can repeatedly optimise exactly the same expert on my own, 4 core machine without any issues. Did anyone get anywhere with this problem? 

I think the better is to write to ServiceDesk.
Get in touch with developers using Service Desk!
Get in touch with developers using Service Desk!
  • www.mql5.com
We therefore attach great importance to all user reports about issues in our programs and try to answer each one of them.

angevoyageur:
I think the better is to write to ServiceDesk.
Will do.

After a bit more fiddling, I've discovered that the problem appears to occur if an optimisation variable has 30 or more steps. Anything less, and the problem doesn't occur - that is, at least with my Expert. Could someone else confirm this? Thanks...

cowil:
After a bit more fiddling, I've discovered that the problem appears to occur if an optimisation variable has 30 or more steps. Anything less, and the problem doesn't occur - that is, at least with my Expert. Could someone else confirm this? Thanks...

Mmmm... The above seemed to initially work but still having the same problems....

Here's a question for someone at MetaQuotes re: the error "genetic pass (0,30) tested with error "endless loop detected in OnTick function, expert rejected by MQL5 Cloud Network" in 600 sec (PR 190)", Every time I receive this error, a time of 600 seconds is always mentioned (i.e. this time is never different). Is the 600 seconds mentioned in the error a timeout - i.e. if an optimisation run takes longer than 10 minutes (600 seconds) to complete, the agents in the cloud basically decide that the Expert must be in an endless loop and aborts?

Endless loop detected on Cloud Agents only. If one of calls (OnInit, OnDeinit, OnTick, OnTimer etc) works more than 10 minutes

stringo:
Endless loop detected on Cloud Agents only. If one of calls (OnInit, OnDeinit, OnTick, OnTimer etc) works more than 10 minutes

Hi Stringo,

Firstly, thanks for the info.

However, I'm interested in MetaQuotes reasoning for this. If a large amount of "Every Tick" data is used (say for instance, 2003.1.1 -> 2013.1.1) and the Expert being optimised is reasonably complicated, it'll often take longer than 10 minutes for a single optimisation iteration to occur. Is there any specific reason that MetaQuotes chose a period of 10 minutes as a timeout? Also, is there any way for the cloud user to increase this timeout or has this been "hard wired" by MetaQuotes?

Reason: