Task rejected by tester agent error

Hi!

I am getting frequently an error that says "genetic pass (x,yyy) tested with error "task rejected by tester agent" in 0:00:00.000".

The result of that pass is 0 and it seems that it doesn't try to execute that pass again. 

Anyone else is having the same issue? How can I fix it? It happens when using optimization in OHLC mode with genetic algorithm.

Expert optimization is failing after some passes
Expert optimization is failing after some passes
  • www.mql5.com
Hello all, I'm facing a strange error...

Pedro Severin:

Hi!

I am getting frequently an error that says "genetic pass (x,yyy) tested with error "task rejected by tester agent" in 0:00:00.000".

The result of that pass is 0 and it seems that it doesn't try to execute that pass again. 

Anyone else is having the same issue? How can I fix it? It happens when using optimization in OHLC mode with genetic algorithm.

If you run a simple backtest with the same parameters it works without error ?

Can you provide a test case EA to reproduce this issue ?

Someone on Russian forum reported it's related to Sleep() usage.

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Errors, bugs, questions

Pavel Nikiforov , 2019.04.06 18:59

In general, figured out. Who cares, all the fault of Sleep (5000); and no matter how many milliseconds can one be. In theory, Sleep () should not affect testing while losing generated ticks for a specified time. I have not yet found the relationship of Sleep () with a specific code of the adviser, others have no such problem, but nevertheless there was no such thing before and if you encounter a podomnym you need to pay attention to it.

This seems to work, but then I need to change the currency of my account for every oprimization?

Alain Verleyen:
If you run a simple backtest with the same parameters it works without error ?

Hi Alain,

Hmmm not really. I mean, it works sometimes, but others it struggles to start the backtest and I have to try several times. However, it seems that in visual mode it always starts.

Pedro Severin:

Hi Alain,

Hmmm not really. I mean, it works sometimes, but others it struggles to start the backtest and I have to try several times. However, it seems that in visual mode it always starts.

What that means exactly ? what is in the log ?

Alain Verleyen:
Can you provide a test case EA to reproduce this issue ?
I think the problem is related to incomplete history in EURUSD ticks. Any EA that requires forency conversion may suffice to reproduce it but so far I didn't get this error again, strange.
Reason: