Initialization Error 4 Windows 10 Home

hi

i have problem when install MT5 on WIndows 10 Home with error message Initialization Error 4. Somebody help me

tq 

Files:
init_error.jpg  64 kb

I do not know about this error sorry (I just hope that Windows 10 users may help you with a suggestion) but you can try to intall MT5 from this link

haidzatul Nazamri Rasda:

hi

i have problem when install MT5 on WIndows 10 Home with error message Initialization Error 4. Somebody help me

tq 

Try to completely unload your antivirus.

Karputov Vladimir:
Try to completely unload your antivirus.
Thank Karputov Vladimir, it work when off anti virus. But in future that should be a permanent solution to this problem; computer also need protection.

haidzatul Nazamri Rasda:
Thank Karputov Vladimir, it work when off anti virus. But in future that should be a permanent solution to this problem; computer also need protection.
Very possibly: Your antivirus - very bad!

I had the same problem, installing MT4 on Windows 10 and just now "solved" it.

To turn off the anti-virus software is absurd, it is there to protect you.

I have a dedicated server too, not running Windows 10, where I installed MT4 without problems. Then, I copied the whole directory "C:\Program Files (x86)\My MT4" from the server to my local disk on my Windows 10 laptop, putting it also at "C:\Program Files (x86)\My MT4". Then, I copied the data folder "C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" from the server to the same name and place on my laptop.

And guess what, when double-clicking terminal.exe in the "C:\Program Files (x86)\My MT4" folder on my laptop, it now works like a charm! I thought that the installation process would write things in the registry and do other things, but it worked by just copying files from a computer where the installation worked.

Of course not everybody has his/her own server but try to find another computer, not running Windows 10, install there and copy the two folders.

--- Anders. 

xhpand:

To turn off the anti-virus software is absurd, it is there to protect you.

--- Anders. 

That is just a matter of oppinion.

Running an anti virus might even be more absurd.

People have no fear in handing over total control over their hard drives and personal data to some xx-antivirus that scans their system on a daily or weekly basis.

I have seen several 'free' antivirus that were specifically designed to give you that 'protected feeling' whilst in the background doing everything you fear software not to do...

Now that being said i do not believe there is any anti virus that can protect you from anything, this is actually verifyable and more then on a regular basis, the anti virus or custom firewall prove to be the weak point attackers use to get access to your system.

So i monitor my connections i watch over which connections my computer makes and which connections try to connect to my computer.

That's a whole different level of security, then installing some anti virus, and live under the impression of being protected... trust me.

If you want to be sure (&safe), you should not be running windows in the first place, simply because if you are running windows, you won't be needing that anti virus.

It lack's the abillity to unmount system volumes, and scans everything you want to protect, as astandard  build in function...

It is not hard to see or verify this, just install a clean copy of windows and open the resource monitor and just watch it do it's magic as it looks and crawls through your entire file system.

It has no business with any of your files yet it will build the master file table and guess where that goes...

I won't get into a discussion here about anti-virus sw, but keep to the subject.

I wasn't happy for too long. Everything went just fine yesterday, using the procedure I wrote above. I ran MT4 several times. Today, it was back to "error 4". £@#! What could have changed over night? By itself?

I deleted everything and did the same all over again. No luck this tme, though. So, there is a certain degree in randomness in the current build (1010) of MT4.

But, having all files left from the 1010 build, I just copied the file terminal.exe from an old build 988, into the new 1010 directory (C:\Program Files (x86)\My MT4\terminal988.exe), and MT4 started, though not being able to run live update. So, at least I know that it is only the terminal.exe file that seems to make the difference between 988 and 1010. I also tried to run the terminal988.exe with admin rights and then the live update worked too, givning me a new terminal.exe - however that one wouldn't start, neither with admin rights not standard user rights. It's build 1010 that is the problem.

Thus, it seems I have to stay with build 988 for now.

For your info.

Some days ago i migrated from Metatrader 4 to 5 on two pc's one with w10_64bit and the other on w7_32bit.

Suddenly i have a similar problem with starting up the two pc's with terminal and Metaeditor with the "Initialisation error 4".

It seems to be related to my anti-virus program : F-Secure Client Security 11.0 and its module "Deepguard" protection option "Advanced Process monitoring".
It was enough to turn off this option during startup of the terminal/editor and once again started, put this monitoring on again.
Marking the programs "terminal" and"metaeditor" to exclude from detecting does not work.

The issue that i found:

Advanced process monitoring:

For maximum protection, DeepGuard temporarily modifies running programs.

Because of this advanced process monitoring, some programs, such as online games and anti-cheating tools, may fail. This happens to programs that check their own integrity. Typically anti-cheating tools use integrity check to find out if they have been modified to do something else than what they were created for.

Very annoying ... perhaps the developers from metatrader can take a look into this, because this is program(Metatrader) related and  this issue will increasingly popping up

whatever serious anti-virus program you have!

Grtz

Hi DeMike17,

No. This is a false alarm on a polymorphic engine protection of MT4/MT5, and it is not Metatrader related (this 'false' is not related to metatrader). 

It was discussed some time ago and it was already replied by MetaQuotes (MQ) many times it was one of the reply from MQ:

"The installer has no virus - this is another false alarm on a polymorphic engine protection.
Open the properties of any of our executable file to view digital signatures - they are signed (and hence files unchanged since inception)."

read this thread for more information.

And MetaQuotes made a research about - read this article:

METATRADER 4 WORKING UNDER ANTIVIRUSES AND FIREWALLS
Reason: