Signal Symbol Name Problem

Hi All

i want Use this site signal service i done all setting but show this error for me:  2012.11.21 00:15:28    '******': Signal - synchronization terminated, cannot copy position, symbol EURUSDm not found

my account symbol is EURUSDmicro but onwer of signal account symbol is EURUSDm

how i can solve this problem?

Thanks

naser007:

Hi All

i want Use this site signal service i done all setting but show this error for me:  2012.11.21 00:15:28    '******': Signal - synchronization terminated, cannot copy position, symbol EURUSDm not found

my account symbol is EURUSDmicro but onwer of signal account symbol is EURUSDm

how i can solve this problem?

Thanks

You can't use it if it has different symbol name. It's recommended to using same broker.

I think this is a bug of Signal.
Get in touch with developers using Service Desk!
Get in touch with developers using Service Desk!
  • www.mql5.com
We therefore attach great importance to all user reports about issues in our programs and try to answer each one of them.

song_song:
I think this is a bug of Signal.
I agree with you. Metaquotes should improve this signal service capabilty.

Yes This is a major problem with the prefix and suffix. Unless you use the same broker as the signal provider, in most cases it will not work, unless your broker and the signal broker have the same symbols.

If anyone has a solution to this problem, please let us know. 

But there is a good news. This issue will be solved in near future if MT5 build 726 release.

Preliminary Announcement of the MetaTrader 5 Updates

Hello

But there must fix it in mt4 too

achidayat:

But there is a good news. This issue will be solved in near future if MT5 build 726 release.

Preliminary Announcement of the MetaTrader 5 Updates

Good discovery, you must be referring to this: "Signals: Fixed automatic transformation of EURUSD* type Forex trading symbols. If a signals source has positions at EURUSD! symbol, while a subscriber trades on EURUSD (or vice versa), the terminal will automatically detect the similarity of the trading symbols changing their names when copying the signal."

In my opinion, address it automatically can be risky, since you can have several combination of cases as MT5 is going each time more global and can generate mistakes with CFD/Stock/Future/Derivative Markets names.

Maybe a list of original symbol names and a list of converted broker names with manual adjustment can solve the problem and be risky free, because you have more control, for example:

Signals Panel new Input Field -> Signal symbols list: [ EURUSD, EURJPY, USDJPY, ... ]

Signals Panel new Input Field -> Broker symbols list: [ EURUSDm, EURJPYm, USDJPYm, ... ]

This is also more complex but without risk when properly configured, so the automatic solution really is ideal if you have no possibility of errors.

Anyway, my suggestion is leave the automatic resource as an option mode.

Achmad Hidayat:
I agree with you. Metaquotes should improve this signal service capabilty.
I don't think MetaQuotes sets what signals brokers use, which is the issue here.  There is only so much they can do.
Reason: