Sonification of historical data

Hi everyone, since I started trading recently and being more like a scientist than a trader, I'm interested how to analise seemingly random data with the human ear. I've found some solutions in seismology and high-energy physics, but these programs are only for OS X.

If you have any ideas how to download and convert the tick data from Metatrader5 into musical score for Fruity Loops Studio 10, I'd love to hear it!

Interesting .

There was a trader -his name eludes me- who associated every price rise with a sound and every drop with a different sound .
He then had assets of an index play those sounds in order to "hear" when the index was about to rise or fall.

prophet499149:

Hi everyone, since I started trading recently and being more like a scientist than a trader, I'm interested how to analise seemingly random data with the human ear. I've found some solutions in seismology and high-energy physics, but these programs are only for OS X.

If you have any ideas how to download and convert the tick data from Metatrader5 into musical score for Fruity Loops Studio 10, I'd love to hear it!

Many indicators like ema, sma, lwma, mama, frama, jurik's jma, are more or less low pass filters taken from the physics signal transmission but reused as well in different fields of images, sounds.

You may know butterworth filter - it exists as well for mt4/mt5.

I think the price only enough for the pitch, other things like tick volume, deviations could count.

I'm aware of the math of the indicators above, but in MT5 there's no tick chart, only M1.

Is there a possibility to extract the history to XML?

I don't know much about mt5 as I am working with mt4 at least as long mt5 is not able to import one's own tick-data but mt4 can do even it is a little bit tricky.

My tick data on my usb-drive are approximately 400GB (~2007-2016, google keywords: Dukascopy, Strategyquant downloader, Tickstory lite, Birt's tickdata script).

It seems that now mt5 can use tick data of a broker but will a broker 1) held available 400GB data and 2) accept the additional data traffic for this amount for each client!?

I haven't heard that the anything about the formate of the tick-data files usable by mt5. I think this has to be revealed by Metaquotes maybe together with an algorithm to compose them.

Carl Schreiber:

I don't know much about mt5 as I am working with mt4 at least as long mt5 is not able to import one's own tick-data but mt4 can do even it is a little bit tricky.

My tick data on my usb-drive are approximately 400GB (~2007-2016, google keywords: Dukascopy, Strategyquant downloader, Tickstory lite, Birt's tickdata script).

It seems that now mt5 can use tick data of a broker but will a broker 1) held available 400GB data and 2) accept the additional data traffic for this amount for each client!?

I haven't heard that the anything about the formate of the tick-data files usable by mt5. I think this has to be revealed by Metaquotes maybe together with an algorithm to compose them.

Thx a lot!

Is it possible for an indicator to play short mp3 files if I put them in the include folder? Is there a class/library?

Just a note based on an old experiment. Quotes converted into raw sound wave produce just a noise with glitches. Human ear can't grasp a valuable info from it, which could help in trading.

prophet499149:
Is it possible for an indicator to play short mp3 files if I put them in the include folder? Is there a class/library?
I use the
PlaySound()

Function a lot to play .WAV files it helps a lot i have a sounds that sound at set intervals when everything is fine, and another sound for when adjustments have to be made, like a siren ,another sound when orders are modified, and i am currently even adding symbol specific spoken messages to events.

Note that it's WAV files so if you want to use MP3 you will have to convert them.

Reason: