MT4 and MT5 Server Times are different

Hi all,

I have MT4 running and I also have MT5 running.

However, my MT4 Server Time is 03:00:00 but my MT5 Server Time is 2:00:00.

I see this on the candles and of course the Market Watch clock.

Why is this so and how can I get them the same?

Ray. 

Are you using the same broker for mt4 and mt5? because the normally comes from broker. If you are using the same broker for both platform, your broker mt4 server time may be different from her mt5 server time.

gbemitte:
Are you using the same broker for mt4 and mt5? because the normally comes from broker. If you are using the same broker for both platform, your broker mt4 server time may be different from her mt5 server time.

Hi gbemitte,

The broker with MT4 is a Pepperstone demo account but the broker with MT5 is Metaquotes demo account - there is no broker.

This seems to me to be a daylight saving time issue.

As both are running on my PC and therefore both have the same base time zone setting it's not my system that would cause this. 

How do I fix  it? 

Ray. 

Documentation on MQL5: Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Account Properties
Documentation on MQL5: Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Account Properties
  • www.mql5.com
Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Account Properties - Documentation on MQL5

Their server time may be different. metaquotes demo trading server may be different from  Pepperstone demo account demo account trading server.

so the fault is from them not your computer and i don't think there is anyway to correct this. You may try to download mt4 demo trading platform from metaquotes. it will be the same if the mt5 and mt4 trading server time is the same.

all brokers set the time according to their time zone, which is normal. you cannot fix that.

you should synchronize this in a  programmatic way.

No.

Every broker have their own server time. It can be based on their working hours, or something else. Server time is something that is set by broker and can not be changed by trader.

For example InterbankFX (IBFX) - currently IBFX provide only MT4 - has server time based on GMT, while their headquarters in US and Australia.

Hi phi.nuts, All,

I also have a problem with this. I designed an EA based on the MT5 demo account (that uses CET) but now I can't seem to find any brokers that uses that time zone for live MT5 accounts?

That is a problem because the EA uses candle opening from CET and those are very different on GMT+3 (market standard)

• www.mql5.com
Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Account Properties - Documentation on MQL5

wiptheman:

Hi phi.nuts, All,

I also have a problem with this. I designed an EA based on the MT5 demo account (that uses CET) but now I can't seem to find any brokers that uses that time zone for live MT5 accounts?

That is a problem because the EA uses candle opening from CET and those are very different on GMT+3 (market standard)

Fix your EA to account for the time zone difference.

Do you think it's possible?
Considering the EA needs CET candle opening to perfrom  well.  YTD back test on CET returns +60% the same test on GMT+3 returns -80%

I'm not sure how I can tweak the EA to read candle opening from a different timezone.
Can you point me towards a function that would help?

Thank you so much for your help! 

wiptheman:

Do you think it's possible?
Considering the EA needs CET candle opening to perfrom  well.  YTD back test on CET returns +60% the same test on GMT+3 returns -80%

I'm not sure how I can tweak the EA to read candle opening from a different timezone.
Can you point me towards a function that would help?

Thank you so much for your help! 

You are using D1 bars ?  you can make your own D1 bar data from the H1 data

I use H3 bars > So I guess I can make H3 bars out of H1 bar as well right?

Can you point me to a article that explains how to do that ? 

Reason: