2 accounts

Hi, I would like to know if I have two accounts with the same MT4 broker and I want to open in the same time both account on my computer and trade and EA on each account, can I do that, it is possible to run two EA (one on the first account and the second on the other account) on your computer with the same broker...Hope it is clear... thx Max

Maximus:
Hi, I would like to know if I have two accounts with the same MT4 broker and I want to open in the same time both account on my computer and trade and EA on each account, can I do that, it is possible to run two EA (one on the first account and the second on the other account) on your computer with the same broker...Hope it is clear... thx Max

install more than one copy of the MT4 on different folder names

Good question!

Maximus:

Hi Maximus,

This is a good question and one that I am curious about also. It probably needs clarifying a little, as it is not clear if you are talking about 2 totally separate accounts, each with their own login ID 's and separate, independent fund balances. Or whether you are classing 1 demo and 1 live, with only 1 fund balance, as 2 accounts? I'm not able to answer, but I'm sure someone on the Forum can.

I have 1 demo MT4 account with my broker and one live account, with 1 fund balance only and they naturally each have their own login ID 's. I have downloaded 2 sets of MT4 platform software, so I can have 2 screens running independently (off the one computer). I am new to MT4 and EA's, so my questions are:-

1) Can I run 2 EA's at the same time i.e. 1 demo and 1 live?

2) Can I run 2 different EA's at the same time, either in the 1 demo or 1 live?

3) If it is possible to run 2 different EA's off either the 1 demo or 1 live account at the same time, do they each share the one 'Terminal' ?

4) With 2 funded live accounts, either with the same broker or 2 different brokers, is it possible to run an EA off each account at the same time?

I would appreciate any advice and guidance in regards to the above questions and thank you in advance for any replies.

johnny

1- You can run multi accounts for the same of different brokers, all you need to do is install MT4 more than once with different folder names

Or

2- If you talk about the single MT4 setup, and want to run more than one account like money manager then you will need https://www.metaquotes.net/metatrader_multiterminal/

Which doesn’t allow you to run EAs, another software is needed to transfer the orders from the EA to the MultiTerminal, not all brokers provide MultiTerminal

As aXXo said you can install multiple instances of Metatrader on a PC. Make subfolders under "C:\Program Files\Forex" then install each instance within the subfolders... for example

C:\Program Files\Forex\Live\subfolder (ibfx1,ibfx2 etc)

C:\Program Files\Forex\Demo\subfolder (fxdd1, fxdd2 etc)

In regards to running EA's on multiple accounts IBFX FAQ http://forum.interbankfx.com/ibfx_faq.php#25 says...

-----------------------------------------------------------

I have 5 different accounts. Can I open all of them at the same time?

Yes, you can. To open each new account:1. Open a new browser.2. Go to the Navigator and click on the 'accounts folder'.3. Click on the account you want opened.4. If you want an expert advisor to run on the new account click on one in the Navigator.You cannot have more than one 'Expert Advisor' running within the same platform.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Hope that helps?

thx aXXo for the answer, I really appreciate... Max

Thanks for your replies!

Thanks aXXo and EJ257 for your prompt and helpful replies....it is appreciated.

johnny

Reason: