Pulling Data from MT4 on each day's Close

Hello,

I am trying to automatically pull data from my MT4 platform to an excel sheet each day on a closing basis at exactly 5pm EST NewYork time (on my platform it is 00:00).

I'm looking for Open, High, Low, Close to be populated in separate columns for several pairs on the close of each day.

I've already enable the DDE server option on my platform.

How do I proceed to do this in excel?

Thank You,

Danny. 

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

How to Start with Metatrader 5

Sergey Golubev, 2014.03.07 12:57

How to Prepare MetaTrader 5 Quotes for Other Applications

Before I started studying MQL5, I tried many other applications for development of trading systems. I can't say that I wasted my time. Some of them contain a few useful tools allowing users to save time, deal with many issues, destroy some myths and quickly select some further direction for development without the knowledge of programming languages.

These applications need historical data. Due to the absence of some certain standard data format, they often had to be edited before they could be used (for example, in Excel) to comply with the format applicable to the necessary program. Even if you are able to figure out all necessary details, many things should still be done manually. Users can find different versions of scripts designed to copy the quotes from MetaTrader 4 to the necessary format. If there is such a demand, we can also develop the version of the script for MQL5.

Introduction
1. Covered Topics
2. Data Format
3. Program's External Parameters
4. Checking Parameters Entered by a User
5. Global Variables
6. Information Panel
7. Application's Main Block
8. Creating Folders and Filing the Data
Conclusion

Reason: