Re-activation...... - page 2

BOSSVORS:

Yes you are right. I activated the product when there were three activations. Now there are five. So the question is, what is the principle behind activation?
So that when reinstalling the software and or changing the hardware, there was a reactivation and not activation!!!! Am I making myself clear? :-))))))

Can you make a clear argument? You can't change hardware like this or there will be activation etc........

If you reinstall the operating system or change the motherboard the activation will definitely fail. It is for such cases that we give up to 5 activations.

What exactly and what product do you have in the logs when you try to activate?

Armen:

I support specifying exactly what could lead to reactivation.

This would make the job easier for cheaters. Is that what the objective is?

komposter:
It'll make it easier for the cheaters. Is that what the goal is?

No. The point is to have clarity.

Maybe someone has a hobby of re-installing the system once a week. or testing CPUs. That's no reason to end up with no product paid for.

Armen:

No. The point is to have clarity.

Maybe someone has a hobby of re-installing the system once a week. or testing CPUs. This is no reason to leave them without a product they have paid for in the end.

A hobby should be satisfied on lab mice, not on a work computer, no?

artmedia70:
Your hobby should be spent on lab mice, not on your work computer, eh?

that's true... but you can't move your head...

But if you've paid the money, you should know what it's for... and why he might lose it.

Armen:

Maybe someone has a hobby of re-installing the system once a week. or testing CPUs. This is no reason to end up leaving him without a product he has paid for.

This is foolishness, and you know it yourself.

5 activations is super overkill for the super naive trader who "accidentally changed the motherboard 4 times".

Seems to me 3 was enough (1 mistaken "unawareness" re-activation + 1 vpc), but the developers are "pro-customer".

komposter:

This is nonsense, and you know it yourself.

5 activations is super overkill for the super naive trader who "accidentally changed the motherboard 4 times".

Seems to me 3 was enough (1 mistaken "unawareness" re-activation + 1 vpc), but the developers are "pro-customer".

Right. Then the minimum bar will be raised to 10 activations, then to 15, then the entire dealing centre of traders will be sitting on one license... In principle, even 5 activations already gives room for fraudulent schemes like "let's pool our money and buy".

komposter:

This is nonsense, and you know it yourself.

Not stupidity, just extreme...

and honestly, I'm sure it's probably possible to emulate data by CPU or by system (similar to emulating macadres)

C-4:
The minimum bar will be raised to 10 activations, then to 15, then an entire dealing centre of traders will sit on one licence... In principle, even 5 activations already gives room for fraudulent schemes like "we all pooled our money and bought it".
the world is small... of the five... only if the others are sitting on the signal...

It should be like a well-known online store! Example: appstore. Up to five devices can be connected to an account.
You go to the settings and remove the device you don't want, and connect the one you want. That's it! That's a dime a dozen!
And you can install and delete the desired content as many times as you want!!!! The purchased product belongs to you for life!!!!!!
And no one whines about the number of downloads. IMHO.
Reason: