Discussion of article "How to Subscribe to Trading Signals" - page 38

JacopoTai:

Hi Everyone,

I read some discussion here in the forum, but I was not able to find the info I'm looking for.

I'm a very newbie in this community and more in general in trading. I was very curious about the Signal functionality and that's the reason I joined this community.

To make the long story short:

1) I open an account in MQL5 community

2) I open an account with XM broker (using the MT5 platform)

3) I made the LogIn in the Setting of the XM-MT5 platform (so that it recognize me as member of MQL5 community)

4) I deposit 30USD in my MQL5 account

But now it seems I'm not able to Purchase the signal I selected (with is for MT5 platform and XM-MT5 server). I don't understand why. (I have a Mac Book, but from what I understood, this should not be a problem...)

Can someone help me on this?

Thank you so much

Jacopo

If you don't have a Signal tab, down in the Toolbox window, probably you can't subscribe through your Macbook, if you do follow these instructions: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/336422

Nobody really explains how the signal thing works. I finally somewhat figured it out: when you subscribe and enable signals in tools/options you are basically letting somebody else's program control your mt4/5 account. Big tip: do not run your own robots at the same time because you might have unwanted surprises like constant FIFO warnings out of the blue. Also no signal seller really says how much you should have in your account to properly trade it. The whole thing is NOT for newbies.

Unless you like having somebody else controlling your money I suggest you buy an EA or indicator instead.

TheCount19:
Nobody really explains how the signal thing works. I finally somewhat figured it out: when you subscribe and enable signals in tools/options you are basically letting somebody else's program control your mt4/5 account. Big tip: do not run your own robots at the same time because you might have unwanted surprises like constant FIFO warnings out of the blue. Also no signal seller really says how much you should have in your account to properly trade it. The whole thing is NOT for newbies.

Unless you like having somebody else controlling your money I suggest you buy an EA or indicator instead.

I have made detailed instructions about subscribing to a signal. Your remarks may apply to many signal providers, but not to all.

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/189731  (MT4)

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/336422  (MT5)

Can I receive the signals on my mail and take the decision to use or not

Dr.ayman_Zo:

Can I receive the signals on my mail and take the decision to use or not

No.

Hello. My broker has the following currency pair notation "eurusd.lmax", that is small letters with dot lmax included. Does this make an issue with the signal provider's notations? If yes, how can we make some control to this situation? 

Reeled Apollo:
Hello. My broker has the following currency pair notation "eurusd.lmax", that is small letters with dot lmax included. Does this make an issue with the signal provider's notations? If yes, how can we make some control to this situation? 

If MQL5 signal system can't map your broker's suffix properly, there is nothing you can do except try with another broker.

Contact the signal provider for suggested setups.

I created a signal with a demo account on MT4 terminal, I searched for it to subscribe to it but I can't find it. Pls what am I missing. 

John Olusegun Adeniran:
I created a signal with a demo account on MT4 terminal, I searched for it to subscribe to it but I can't find it. Pls what am I missing. 

Not all signals are rated and ranked in MQL5.com, be patient.

All signals are searchable and can be subscribed to in MT4/5 terminals though.

Why is my account registered but the order is not copied?
Reason: