Martingale Again???! - page 7

Michael Maggi:

I have had terrible experience with Martingale strategies but a comment or two like yours is keeping my mind open.  The idea it is not a trading strategy but a money management system makes a lot of sense.

I tried a trend following EA that tried to sleep through whipsaw periods, after it lost XX trades in a row it would sleep XX bars before trading again.  I could not get somebody to write the EA so it would start where it left off and trade at the higher level, it always started at the base case again so the Martingale strategy was just abandoned to a stop loss after the first set of losing trades.  It just did not work out.

I agree with what you said about martingale would work if...  but what really comes afterward for the case where you get a long series of bad trades?  How do you suspend martingale or get it to work for you?  The "sleep" to get out of the trends not working to when the trends did work was my only solution.

I am testing an EA now from the Marketplace that uses Martingale but only as money management. For now it seems to work but I don't know how it gets to that point.  EA is Gegatrade Pro ASIA.

Any comment? 

Adaptive Martingrail?

I have a very good martingale EA. Looks promising after three month live account running.

I already said something about this couple of pages earlier. But I'd like to add a fact about the progression.

The original Martingale says, that if you loose, double the size for the next bet. What you guys are missing here, is, that in trading with Martingale, the original "coin" ist always still in the game. What does that mean?

A progression of 2.0, means doubling the size is not the right mathematical way, because the loss was not realized. To create a Martingale strategy, the correct factor is not 2.0, its 1.33.  

Marco vd Heijden:

Adaptive Martingrail? Could u explain ..what's adaptive means for martingale, does it use learning system strategy like Neural Network or Fuzzy Logic?

Prasetyo Wibowo:
Yes.

That's right ..martingale is high risk system, good money management and news awareness is needed, the only SL for this system is your balance amount

Marco vd Heijden:
Yes.
It's interesting ..I have an martingale  EA that's close all open position if the total transactions become positive..use trend following system to minimize the risk and  still developing it :)

martingale  mean Always crash at the end . . . . .

and loosing all your assets 

Abdul Salam:

martingale  mean Always crash at the end . . . . .

and loosing all your assets 

Agree if without control unless use stop loss - for example: -1, -2, -4, -8 then stop and walk away. 

Anton Nel:
Agree if without control unless use stop loss - for example: -1, -2, -4, -8 then stop and walk away. 

And of course added the trailing profit mod in stead of the fixed X pips take profit if the first entry was successful to maximize profits.

It will be a hybrid.

Reason: