Automated Trading Championship 2010 - page 4

hi, rosh

there are a big differnece between mql4 and mql5, so would u publish the temporary rules of Eligible Expert Advisors' Programs first,

in order to let participant have enough time to prepare, thanks

https://championship.mql5.com/2012/en 

Rules - Automated Trading Championship 2008
  • championship.mql5.com
Rules - Automated Trading Championship 2008

ATC-2010 rule for max lots

4.  The minimum trading amount is 0.1 lots, and the maximum is 5 lots, with an increase by 0.1 lot on every order.

5.  The maximum amount of simultaneously opened positions and pending orders is 3.

6.  The maximum combined amount of positions and pending orders' lots, regardless of the direction on one symbol, is 15. Stop-losses and take-profits are not taken into account.

Does this mean, theoretically with adequate free margin, that max lots opened at same time could be above 15 if trading multiple symbols?

Extreme example:

1. OrderSend() a Buy on same symbol 3 separate times at 5 lots each for position 1 of 15 lots. Max open activity at same time is 2 (1 position and 1 order).

2. Then while position 1 is still open, OrderSend()  a Buy on 2nd symbol 3 separate times at 5 lots each for position 2 of 15 lots. Max open activity at same time is 3 (2 positions and 1 order).

3. Then while position 1 & 2 are still open, OrderSend() a Buy on 3rd symbol 1 time at 5 lots for position 3 of 5 lots. Max open activity at same time is 3 (2 positions and 1 order).

Ending up with 3 open positions && total 35 lots.

wackena:

4.  The minimum trading amount is 0.1 lots, and the maximum is 5 lots, with an increase by 0.1 lot on every order.

5.  The maximum amount of simultaneously opened positions and pending orders is 3.

6.  The maximum combined amount of positions and pending orders' lots, regardless of the direction on one symbol, is 15. Stop-losses and take-profits are not taken into account.

Does this mean, theoretically with adequate free margin, that max lots opened at same time could be above 15 if trading multiple symbols?

Extreme example:

1. OrderSend() a Buy on same symbol 3 separate times at 5 lots each for position 1 of 15 lots. Max open activity at same time is 2 (1 position and 1 order).

2. Then while position 1 is still open, OrderSend()  a Buy on 2nd symbol 3 separate times at 5 lots each for position 2 of 15 lots. Max open activity at same time is 3 (2 positions and 1 order).

3. Then while position 1 & 2 are still open, OrderSend() a Buy on 3rd symbol 1 time at 5 lots for position 3 of 5 lots. Max open activity at same time is 3 (2 positions and 1 order).

i hv thought out a position lots offset strategy, since my ea seldom to trade~ ~

wackena:

Extreme example:

To ATC-2010 Jury.

Is this example possible??

Theoretically you can have 12 positions (1 position on every Symbol from 12 allowed on the Championship) and each position can not exceed 15 lots. So you can have total 12 position and 180 lots in summary (Theoretically).

But you can have only 3 orders.

Rosh:

Theoretically you can have 12 positions (1 position on every Symbol from 12 allowed on the Championship) and each position can not exceed 15 lots. So you can have total 12 position and 180 lots in summary (Theoretically).

But you can have only 3 orders.

if your statement "Theoretically you can have 12 positions (1 position on every Symbol from 12 allowed on the Championship).." means 12 simultaneously opened positions, then I don't understand this ATC2010 rule.

5. The maximum amount of simultaneously opened positions and pending orders is 3.

wackena:

if your statement "Theoretically you can have 12 positions (1 position on every Symbol from 12 allowed on the Championship).." means 12 simultaneously opened positions, then I don't understand this ATC2010 rule.

5. The maximum amount of simultaneously opened positions and pending orders is 3.

This restriction is only for one Symbol , that is, you can have one position and two orders on the symbol EURUSD and 11 open positions on the remaining 11 Symbols.

Rosh:
This restriction is only for one Symbol , that is, you can have one position and two orders on the symbol EURUSD and 11 open positions on the remaining 11 Symbols.
Hmmm... Should have clarified that in the rules, because I have also thought that it's the total limit.

what happen with poeple who particiapted in the closed beta testing of mt5 mql5 ? do they may participate in the ATC2010 ? they add if i remember 1 month more to program and to learn mql5 ?

enivid:
Hmmm... Should have clarified that in the rules, because I have also thought that it's the total limit.
Sorry, I made a little mistake. You can have not more than 3 orders (order does not mean open position) but you can have an open position for every Symbol.
Reason: