Automated Trading Championship 2007: maximum number of lots ?

Is it possible to open up to 15 lots ? (= 3 trades x 5 lots) ? 
Could someone from MetaQuotes Software confirm this ?
Regards

"The minimum trade size is 0.1 lot, the maximum one is 5 lots with the step of 0. 1 lot for each order.
The maximum amount of simultaneously opened positions and pending orders is 3."

"The minimum trade size is 0.1 lot, the maximum one is 5 lots with the step of 0. 1 lot for each order."  I think it's clear...

LesioS wrote >>
"The minimum trade size is 0.1 lot, the maximum one is 5 lots with the step of 0. 1 lot for each order." I think it's clear...

The Championship 2008 rule states:

1. The minimum trade size is 0.1 lot, the maximum one is 5 lots with the step of 0.1 lot for each order.
  2. The maximum amount of simultaneously opened positions and pending orders is 3.

Does that means we can:

+ place the first order of 3 lots (<5lots per order)

+ place the second order (while the first order is still active) 4 lots (still <5lots per order)

+ and lastly, add the thrid order of 5 lots (still =5lots per order)

BTW, there is another rule:

6. Stop Out level is 50%
Does it means every time the total equity goes bellow 50% of the original deposit then contender EA is considered out of the Championship?

Thanks,

Cu Tun

cutun1178 wrote >>

The Championship 2008 rule states:

1. The minimum trade size is 0.1 lot, the maximum one is 5 lots with the step of 0.1 lot for each order.
  2. The maximum amount of simultaneously opened positions and pending orders is 3.

Does that means we can:

+ place the first order of 3 lots (<5lots per order)

+ place the second order (while the first order is still active) 4 lots (still <5lots per order)

+ and lastly, add the thrid order of 5 lots (still =5lots per order)

BTW, there is another rule:

6. Stop Out level is 50%
Does it means every time the total equity goes bellow 50% of the original deposit then contender EA is considered out of the Championship?

Thanks,

Cu Tun

I had an EA that ran in the last Championship that did just what you are asking. I had originally designed it to open only one order, but when I noticed this restriction I changed it to open multiple orders of no more than 5 lots each. I had no problem with this.

As for the 50% rule, you won't be out of the contest. You just get stopped out of any orders that you are in. Then you can place more orders with whatever money you have left.

- Tovan

tovan wrote >>

I had an EA that ran in the last Championship that did just what you are asking. I had originally designed it to open only one order, but when I noticed this restriction I changed it to open multiple orders of no more than 5 lots each. I had no problem with this.

As for the 50% rule, you won't be out of the contest. You just get stopped out of any orders that you are in. Then you can place more orders with whatever money you have left.

- Tovan

Thanks Tovan for your clarify.

I also checked the top five journals of the Championships -- they actually placed at most 3 orders of 5 lots at the same time.

Thanks,

Huy

Reason: